Re: Can't play English version of DA:I

by Peterpanzuda

Original Post

Can't play English version of DA:I

★★★ Novice

So, I live in Brazil and after playing english versions of DAO and DA2, I bought Dragon Age Inquisition, installed the game and EA prepared me a surprise, my only option for text/subtitles is portuguese. I simply can't play the game like this, it hurts me, physically and emotionally. None of the options I find online works. Does anyone, for the love of the Maker, has a solution for this? For a change, EA didn't seem very helpfull...

I'm almost downloading an "alternative" version of the game, unfortunately.

Message 1 of 7 (780 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @MrGonzalez76

Could you confirm which version of Dragon Age Inquisition have you purchased exactly? Because if it's Game of the Year edition, then I'm afraid the game is available only in Portuguese. You can see it in the product's overview. Unfortunately, we're unable to add any additional languages to the purchased product Frown

Screenshot_1.png

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 7 (745 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, it is GOTY version, so there is NOTHING I can do? I bought the game and won't be able to play the way I want, after playing DAO and DAII, it's just impossible to play a portuguese version. Well, shouldn't expect anything different coming from EA, can't provide a simple language pack for its users.

Message 3 of 7 (731 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Errrmmm... There's an English V-O pack.  (I guess that means the on-screen dialogue choices, sub-titles, and menus would still be in whatever language the install was.)

Partial of my "Additional Content" screen:

DAI English V-O Pack.png

Message 4 of 7 (729 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I completely forgot about it since it's the only EA game on Origin that gives you an option to download an language pack Disappointed

So thank you @ThandalNLyman for your reply!

@MrGonzalez76 just remember to reinstall DA Inquisition after downloading the voice over pack.

/Ataashi

Message 5 of 7 (711 Views)

★★★ Novice

Voices were never the problem, I have the DLC installed, but all texts in game are still in portuguese. Talking about a RPG, can't say that it doesn't have an impact. We read a lot and, unfortunately, most of the translation isn't that great... it becomes even worst after you played the english version of the first two games and got used to the vocabulary.

Message 6 of 7 (699 Views)

★★★ Novice

So there's no solution to this at all? I had the exact same problem as you, and I got so frustrated that I couldn't play with the text in English I simply refunded it. I tried all the solutions that other users suggested, some that I don't even know if they're legal, and nothing worked, if the text is not in Portuguese, it doesn't show any at all. The only "brilliant" solution that I didn't try yet, is simply importing the game from an american retailer. Which is absurd, since the price that I'd have to pay would triplicate. Like another user said, it seems we actually get punished for not pirating a game with EA.

Message 7 of 7 (522 Views)