Re: Can't move my inquisitor after starting new game.

by vmendp3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't move my inquisitor after starting new game.

★★ Novice

Hi! I started a new game of DA:I playing for the first time on my pc (always played on ps4) and there is a problem , after creating my character and after the first cutscene , my character won't move or walk! I can rotate the visual but not move the character. I modded the game a bit and I was thinking it was because of the mods, but I tried running the game without the mods and it's still not working!!! This bug is making me mad , I feel like I wasted my money Devil

Message 1 of 12 (4,674 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

@vmendp3 wrote:

Try deactivating Origin inside game (Origin Launcher - Right click at the game - Properties)

And overlay software in general. I heard Discord can cause it.

A clean boot will rule out interfering software: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 12 (4,636 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@Anyshadow Hi, could you check if your PC meets the minimum requirements? It might also be helpful if you could give us a dxdiag, you can find instructions on how to generate and post one in the spoiler section of this sticky. Standard smile 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 12 (4,668 Views)

★★ Novice

https://hastebin.com/egucahetog.makefile  here you can find my dxdiag , my pc is new by the way , I assembled it myself, and it meets all the requiremens to play DA:I considering that I can play games that are more heavier than DA:I . For now I'm trying to reinstall the game , I tried to repair it but it did nothing.

Message 3 of 12 (4,666 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Try deactivating Origin inside game (Origin Launcher - Right click at the game - Properties)

Message 4 of 12 (4,641 Views)

Hero

@vmendp3 wrote:

And overlay software in general. I heard Discord can cause it.

A clean boot will rule out interfering software: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Message 5 of 12 (4,637 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yeah. I also had trouble trying to play while Avast was active. Had to deactivate it too. Worth trying it.
Message 6 of 12 (4,616 Views)

Hero

@Anyshadow Sorry, this seems to be the second time in as many days that hastebin doesn't seem to be working properly (or maybe it's just me? Does it work for you, @Fred_vdp?), could you try attaching your dxdiag as a .txt file to your post, assuming the suggestions to turn off overlay software don't work. Thanks Standard smile

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

Message 7 of 12 (4,606 Views)

Hero

@Leora85 It works for me. Maybe it's because of the "makefile" extension? Here it is without it: https://hastebin.com/egucahetog

If that doen't work, delete cache or try a different browser.

Message 8 of 12 (4,599 Views)

Hero

(Thanks @Fred_vdp, now it's working for me).

@Anyshadow It looks like you've been having some issues/crashes with Razer software (well known to cause issues with the game) and Frosty Mod Manager. Since Razer is known to cause issues, have you made sure to disable all the razer software & services before launching the game? 

Message 9 of 12 (4,593 Views)

★★ Novice

@Leora85  I resolved the problem using @Fred_vdp  and @vmendp3 solution! Don't know what solution of the two worked , probably it was Razer giving some issues like you said (didn't think of razer because it always worked for me)  Confused Thank you all for your help!! Heart

Message 10 of 12 (4,586 Views)