Re: Can't load saves after re-install

by Hrungr

Original Post

Can't load saves after re-install

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've re-installed DAI on a new computer, but can't load any of my previous saves.

I get an error saying,

"The save data was created with a new version of the game. Please download the latest patch and try again."

I have no mods, I've made sure all the extra content was installed, even repaired my installation, and my version is listed as: gameVersion version="1.0.0.12" 

I've noticed that in my Origin Taskbar, if I set DAI as a "favorite", it lists both DAI Digital Deluxe AND DAI Beta as options.

And no matter which I launch (or launching the .exe directly), in Origin it lists me as playing the Beta.

Help!

Message 1 of 5 (489 Views)

Hero

@Hrungr You have no mods now, did you have any at any point in your saved games?

Creating a mod merge creates a new 'patch' folder (Patch_ModMakerMerge by default) which contains a package.mft file with a higher version than the vanilla game, even if the merge is empty.

If you did have mods at some point, but don't anymore, it should be as simple as going to [drive] > Program Files (or Program Files (x86)) > Origin Games > Dragon Age Inquisition > Update > Patch, opening the package.mft file with notepad and changing the 12 to a 13 (assuming you didn't let it get higher than that when creating mod merges). 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 5 (474 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

No, I've never had mods on my old saved games. That said, I saw the trick of changing the 12 to 13 and tried it, but it didn't work.

Message 3 of 5 (467 Views)

I also replied in your other thread....

But check to see if you have clicked on Beta in Origin options and under GAME TESTER PROGRAM located on EA.com user account(access through Origin view my profile and then edit on EA.com)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 5 (458 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Using your suggestion, it looks like the Beta issue is resolved.

However, I still can't load my older saves.

Fired up a new game as a test, and that seems to work alright.

Message 5 of 5 (452 Views)