Can't load save, says I need latest patch, but I do have latest patch

by SerPounce91

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't load save, says I need latest patch, but I do have latest patch

★ Apprentice

I get this message: 

"This save data was created with a newer version of the game. Please download the latest patch and try again"

I am running the latest patch, and I have tried repairing the game with no luck, and deleting the patch and downloading it again, again with no luck. Is there anything else I can try?

Message 1 of 32 (16,374 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't load save, says I need latest patch, but I do have latest patch

★ Apprentice

Finally got it to work!!! First, what SashaCorshev mentioned earlier about having to have the game modded to launch is true. But what you also need is the right Version number. Open the package.mft. Right now the current patch is 6. So you need to change it to 7 or 8 to get it to load. I tried 7 and it didn't work, but I just tried 8 and it worked!

View in thread

Message 15 of 32 (72,692 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Can you try restarting Origin as an administrator, then try to repair again? Perhaps Origin is being blocked from fully updating the game. 

If you check the Audio menu and scroll down, is there an option for Audio Ignores Window Focus. This option is only in the latest build, and if this is missing, then it looks like the update isn't going through fully. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 32 (16,322 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've tried that, and still no luck. I do have the Audio Ignores Window Focus available. If it helps, I did use mods before this patch

Message 3 of 32 (16,319 Views)

Community Manager

Mods could be a factor. If you remove anything mod-related does that help? 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 32 (16,277 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don't have anything mod related now, I've redownloaded the patch several times, and I've also deleted everything except the data folder and downloaded everything again. Starting a new game works fine, yet none of my save files work, across multiple characters

Message 5 of 32 (16,268 Views)

Community Manager

To start with, make a backup of your entire save folder, so you don't lose anything. 

The easiest way to do so is to copy the Save folder at  My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age Inquisition\Save to your desktop. 

Then delete all but your most recent save, then see if that will load. There have been cases in the past where a bad save could "corrupt" others until they were removed, so perhaps checking individual files will help with resolving this. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 32 (16,265 Views)

★ Apprentice

I checked each individual file, and they still don't load, I keep getting the same message about save from a newer patch

Message 7 of 32 (16,253 Views)

Community Manager

Can you upload one of your affected saves to a share site and PM me a link to it? It'll be interesting if I can replicate the issue on my end. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 32 (16,246 Views)

★ Apprentice

OK, just PMd you

Message 9 of 32 (16,217 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have the exact same problem. I've checked audio menu, the new patch option is there. I uninstalled the game and re-installed again, and still doesnt work. Deleted all save files except the most recent, still doesnt work....

Any fix for this yet? I have save files that still work, but if i go back to the one that works Im taking out 10h of gameplay and i really cant do it all again...

Message 10 of 32 (16,203 Views)