Re: Can't install dragon age inquisition on xbox 360

by downix2k

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
Alright, did a lot of digging and this appears to have nothing to do with the disk, or the Xbox, but some server. When the system could not read the disk, it also could not display the disk details properly. No icon, not all gallery elements, etc. But once in awhile it popped up an error code, 8C230002. That is an Xbox live market error code.

Once in awhile (on disk #4 here from Gamestop mind you) it connects to the market, and miracle of miracles, it plays fine.

The issue is not the game, or the disk it seems, but one of Microsoft's servers.
Message 81 of 139 (8,373 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hm. I'd like to say that's comforting but I won't be happy till it's fixed. All in do time I suppose. :manindifferent:

Message 82 of 139 (8,368 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@UrusAnsuz wrote:

So i came across this when i was searching for any solution for Installing play Disc 2.

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/516293-good-news-for-xbox-360-owners/

Apparently u will be able to install Play disc on hard drive. But since this discussion is one month old,  guess aither it was unintentional problem, or they changed their mind about being able to install play disc.

Or they lied to shut us up.... either way, this is just rude all around.
Seriously, it would be nice to get some kind of response

Message 83 of 139 (8,361 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This link talks about why we cant install not sure if its true .http://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/2ltsav/dai_installing_the_disc/

Message 84 of 139 (8,345 Views)

★★ Novice

It is true that by not installing play disc on xbox HD that it improve game experience, like loading time, etc. but thats not excuse for not letting us install it at all, they should do same as Roxstar for gta5, they should gave us option to install if we want, that should be our choise even thought it would cause trouble like longer loading etc. and not theirs. Well im just glad that games work at all on last gen consols, but it would be nice to be able to install it.

P.S: English is not my Native laguage so bare with my posts :D

Message 85 of 139 (8,305 Views)

★★★ Novice

cant play if game disc 1 isnt installed tho

Message 86 of 139 (8,297 Views)

★★★★ Novice
But the disk read error would be solved if we could install disk #2. Not the perfect solution, but a solution none the less.
Message 87 of 139 (8,273 Views)

★ Guide

playing with headphones.

Message 88 of 139 (8,145 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Bump

Can we just get some official answer as to why we were intially told we would be able to install the game play disc and now we can't, please?

Message 89 of 139 (7,988 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried installing the first disc to my hard drive about 10 times now and still cannot get it to finish. I dont get the Not enough disc space error but the game gets about 80% installed and then goes back to the prompt of wanting to install again. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me? When I go to the storage of my 360 it shows parts 1, 2, and 3 are installed but then the last part says corrupted. Not really sure on that one. Any assistance would be great..

Message 90 of 139 (7,863 Views)