Re: Can't contact EA game advisor

by Gorath_the_Elder

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't contact EA game advisor

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi

I've made 3 purchases of the same game & have filed 2 refund orders, 1 refund order was acknowledged via gmail. Its been 12hrs since & Im waiting for a follow up for the 2nd refund order. Tried contacting EA game advisor via help EA UK & Singapore 5 times but always stuck at Thanks for contacting EA please wait.... by stuck I mean i leave the window for more than 1/2 hr each time but no progress.

I've cleared my browser history & i dont use Ghostery extension

any help is appreciated

jeffrey

Message 1 of 5 (602 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Expert

All of EA's various web sites are apparently very allergic to one or more somewhat common plug-in gadgets of some sort.  Only the regular EA Games Forums website is able to deal with a range of browsers along with the many plugins that are used.  I've gone through a couple of problem series in this regard, and found that Opera and Safari seemed the two that got through best (although I always try to get back to Firefox eventually). 

Install a different browser or disable all your plugins.  One or the other ought to get you connecting. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (601 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

All of EA's various web sites are apparently very allergic to one or more somewhat common plug-in gadgets of some sort.  Only the regular EA Games Forums website is able to deal with a range of browsers along with the many plugins that are used.  I've gone through a couple of problem series in this regard, and found that Opera and Safari seemed the two that got through best (although I always try to get back to Firefox eventually). 

Install a different browser or disable all your plugins.  One or the other ought to get you connecting. 

Message 2 of 5 (602 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi Gorath the Elder

Im using Firefox but no contact with EA advisor, the only plugins active is shockwave flash & a video codec so should i disable those? Meantime i downloaded Opera & will try to contact EA again.

thanks for helping

Message 3 of 5 (583 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Good morning Gorath the elder,

thank you very much. Changing to Opera really connected me to the EA advisor. You saved me a lot of time & energy. Would never have thought of the solution myself.

I will click on the XP button?

much appreciated.

jeffrey

Message 4 of 5 (580 Views)

Re: Couldn't contact EA game adviser

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I haven't been able to get Flash to run correctly in ages, but surely that couldn't be the reason!  It won't be "morning" for another three and a half hours here (south Texas, USA).  You're welcome to profit by all the troubles I had in here and on Help Center two years ago! 

Message 5 of 5 (573 Views)