Can't choose another language to download the game in

by AKANexus

Original Post

Can't choose another language to download the game in

★ Apprentice

Title says it all. I'm an EA Play subscriber and I cannot change the language to download DA:I in. I only get one other language which is not English (even though my profile settings state I want my content in English). There isn't even a way to download the English Voice Over pack (which would solve only the voices, and not the text).

I'd rather use EA Play to enjoy the titles, but if y'all can't solve this, I'll have to download the English version from other sources.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 3 (415 Views)

Re: Can't choose another language to download the game in

I have been told that some areas of the world aren't offered anything other than "localized" language options, this being a store issue in my opinion.  Personally, I would much rather they just offer a drop down list of languages and allow you to load whichever one you want, but I don't know how much effort that would take.....

I have been told by some that a VPN can get you around this, and last I heard wasn't a problem being used as long as you don't download content into your country that is illegal.  You can check with official support ie chat or twitter and see if using a VPN is an account banning offense, but I don't think it is.

To my knowledge, VPN or the like is the only way to legally do what you want if you are region locked out of a language option.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 3 (402 Views)

Re: Can't choose another language to download the game in

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@mcsupersportI did try using a VPN to route me through USA, and even set my country to USA on my EA profile. Still didn't get the English language option...

EDIT.: Tried with another VPN. Nada. Yeah, I'm done with it. Ima download it from somewhere else. I'll try and overwrite EA Play's files and see if it helps. If not, I'll just play the other version...

Message 3 of 3 (393 Views)