Can't Log in to Bioware Social Network

by xxcheshiexx

Original Post

Can't Log in to Bioware Social Network

★★★ Newbie

Okay, so I want to buy bioware points on the social network site, however it will not allow me to log in with my origin account. As previously stated, I have an origin account, but I am unable to use this to log into the bioware social network site. I have recently changed my password (within the past hour). I'm not sure if it just takes time for my password change to process through all of the sites linked to origin. Some help would be much appreciated. 

Message 1 of 4 (2,909 Views)

Re: Can't Log in to Bioware Social Network

★★★★★ Expert

Actually, Bioware's old Social Network, as such, has been dismantled, and can only be accessed as archived files now, AFAIK.  There is a brand new set of player forums available now.  Compared to the Legacy website preceding BSN, they were a failed promise that never received the patching and updating planned on, else the loss might have been a pity, as turned out to be the case for the preceding forum website. 

Message 2 of 4 (2,863 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@xxcheshiexx You don't need Bioware points for anything Inquisition related, all DLC for this game can be purchased with money via Origin.

If you're looking to purchase DLC for one of the older Bioware games, you can buy Bioware points in Origin and then purchase the DLC(s) using those points, also in Origin (unfortunately, this system hasn't been updated). If you already own DLC for the older games, some of it can be downloaded from the old Bioware social site, depending on which game. Some of the DLC ownership didn't transfer properly between the old social site and Origin for some people, if this has happened to you, you'll need to contact a game advisor to sort it out (handy to have screenshots proving you own each DLC, will make things quicker Wink ). Your EA account should work on the old Bioware social site, if you've recently changed your password perhaps give it a while to recognise that's the case, if you continue having issues and you really need to get on, contact a game advisor. You can do so from here.

EDIT:

@Gorath_the_Elder For some reason it was on the front page, near the top... I didn't even notice it was that old. Wonder how it got there. With all the other people having issues with BSN on other boards, it didn't stick out as unusual. Will peer at the dates more carefully in future Tongue out 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 4 (2,808 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Leora85 

In my experience, replying to any thread that was last active more than three months ago will never be seen by any of the transitory members who were passing through at the time.  When message thread corpses have been buried for a year, even the makeup of more experienced website "residents" will have changed, making answering even less beneficial. 

Message 4 of 4 (2,795 Views)