Re: Can't Complete Quest: Way of the Rift Mage

by HaneejSenoj

Original Post

★★ Novice

this sh*t gets really annoying.. I am at levet 16, SIXTEEN with TWO mage-characters and which items do I lack? the goddamn tomes. I could build a thron for khorne with the necro-skulls i could ammass or build a iron-throne out of spirit blades, but i cant find this third damn tome. And i search for 6 level or so

really annoing. I had crashes and my companions cant speak but this stuff is gamebreaking..

Went this stuff without Q.A or what?

Message 11 of 24 (4,050 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. I got 2/3 tomes; but the third group of venatori refuse to appear (the group near the river...)

I hope someone out there could help...

Message 12 of 24 (4,027 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Got the same trouble I'm playing on ps4 and have got two of the 3 tomes the one that I need is the last one I went to get at ghilan'mains Grove it seems to be that no matter the order the one that gets done last is missing the camp and final tome very annoying to say the least 

Message 13 of 24 (3,755 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same problem here. I originally got three tomes in Hinterlands but upon picking up the third one, two tomes were removed from my inventory resulting in me having a nervous breakdown. Then I later on I went to Desolate Plains and at first the map showed the locations of the tomes. However, when I approached the Desolate Banks, all the tome locations were lost on the map. I eventually found a tome in the blocked passage but I'm still missing one. I've looked everywhere but it's nowhere to be found. It's really getting tiring.
Message 14 of 24 (3,652 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem also.  Thanks Drizzt3405 for the suggestion on Dorian's quest to kill Venatori. I can confirm they can drop the Tome, on PS4 anyways.  I still had to kill the one in the Hinterlands. Saved before engaging him, killed but no drop.  Reloaded and killed about another 8 times and he finally dropped the tome.

Message 15 of 24 (3,632 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am in level 15 with 8hrs E-I-G-T-H  H-O-U-R-S tying to have this last tome, I'm nervous already with this disrespect to the players with a problem so annoying but so simple to solve;

we pay a very high value , to have a game that promised so much but in the end its only a headache

Message 16 of 24 (3,608 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just like tons of others: SAME ******* HERE!!!!

Ive been searching for the last missing tome in ages. So you guys say that it could be found in the western approach as well maybe?

Has anyone news on what EA is gonna do about it?

Message 17 of 24 (3,373 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah I can't find the camp there either, only mobs u can find are the wyvern thingies.

Message 18 of 24 (3,270 Views)

★★ Novice

I wound up finding another Venatori Tome much later in the game after I'd already gone Arcane Enchanter, it also drops randomly from Venatori in ANY location that you fight them. Any random Venatori can drop one of the tomes, so if the third one doesn't show up for you, go clear a keep or hunt down some Venatori somewhere else. Other than that, good luck.

Message 19 of 24 (3,182 Views)

★★ Guide

Same but I've only found 1 in the grove I don't ermember exactly Imay have come a cross one early in the game but don't ermember and i too was planning on the rift mage path

Message 20 of 24 (3,017 Views)