Re: Can't Complete Quest: Way of the Rift Mage

by AzarBalar

Original Post

Can't Complete Quest: Way of the Rift Mage

★ Novice

I have two out of the three Venatori tomes I need for this quest.  I collected the one from Ghilan'nain's Grove, and the one from Halin'sulhan, but I cannot find the one that's supposed to be on the Desolate Coast.  I found a YouTube guide that showed all the Venatori locations, but I can't find the Venators at the coast at all - not only that, but their camp doesn't appear there, either!

The worst of it is, I have a sickening suspicion I may have killed the Venatori and missed looting one of the bodies.  I've combed the area with the V key and not spotted any loot.  I really want to specialize into Rift Mage, but I can't complete the quest!  Would really appreciate any advice on a workaround.

Message 1 of 24 (25,549 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue as well. But I found the one in the Desolate Beach and Ghilan'nain's Grove. I did find the camp in Halin'shulan, but there was no Venatori Mage. And I've been searching for days now. I'm probably just gonna start a new one if they don't respond. This is getting very old. I have tweeted them numerous times with no response haha

Message 2 of 24 (25,423 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem but mine is the desolate banks.

Supposedly from what I understand that if you clear out the nearby fort which you may have done hours and hours before then the venatori will not appear at all

I have contacted dragon age about the issue and I am waiting to hear back but I doubt it will do any good.

This would be an easy fix for the devs in a patch but I doubt they will get to it anytime soon if ever.

Kind of a game breaker if you wanted a Rift mage

Message 3 of 24 (25,403 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just a thought, but have you done Dorian's quest to kill rogue Venatori? Perhaps they will drop one for you?? Can't say for sure seeing as I got all three of mine while in the Plains zone ...wish I could give you one of them seeing as I did all three mage prereq quests for the specializations but I ended up going Knight Enchanter.

Message 4 of 24 (25,375 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yeah I had this problem, but returning to the hinterlands for Dorian's quest and killing the venatori there got me my last tome. In the Western Approach I also had a guy drop one.
Message 5 of 24 (25,367 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Ugh. I'm having the same problem. I have spent countless hours scrounging the areas with no luck. Frown
Message 6 of 24 (23,624 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same problem for me too, but with Ghilan'nain's Grove. Both Camp and Venatori are nowhere to be found.
Message 7 of 24 (23,605 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ive had the same problem with no drop in Ghilan'nain's grove but I managed to get the last tome from a spellbinder in the hissing wastes

Message 8 of 24 (23,125 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Had the same issue.

Some people seemed to have been able to purchase it, others got the third tome as a random drop in the Hissing Wastes.

Neither worked for me. I stopped by every merchant and killed a lot of Venatori in the Hissing Wastes after rechecking the original three locations several times.

In the end, I gave up. Became a Knight-Enchanter instead and it's quite ok. Though I really hope this issue will be addressed for my future playthroughs.

Message 9 of 24 (22,951 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I wanted to add that I've checked all the correct places and I'm pretty sure that I fought all the Venatori there, but I'm still missing a tome. Going back and searching yields no results (don't know if loot is persistent- I don't think so). I know that some people are indicating that you need to clear the forts first and I can't remember if I did that first or not. Also, there aren't even any campsites in the spot anymore.

So, from my perspective, the game is acting like I've gathered the necessary tomes, but I only have 2/3 tomes in my inventory.

Thanks. The game is otherwise spectacularly lovely.

Message 10 of 24 (21,617 Views)