Can not complete the floor tile puzzle in the temple of Mythal

by Tanner_6984

Original Post

Re: Can not complete the floor tile puzzle in the temple of Mythal

★★★ Newbie

I dont have the same problem; but its similar. I am doing the puzzle with my party in "hold possition" but after a while (I think when i get more far away from them as I advance in the puzzle) they follow me, ignoring the "hold on" order. I didn't switched character, or paused or anything. They just follow me (and of course then they reset the puzzle). The IA system in Inquisition seems to be pretty buged because it also happened to me during the combats.

Message 41 of 72 (1,843 Views)

Hero

@DruMelego Your party won't stay in hold when you get a certain distance away from them (unsure of the exact distance, exactly, but it's annoyingly short). Makes me miss Origins, where I could run through an entire map with the rest of the party happily holding their position at the beginning, if I so wished.
Also, your party can not cause the puzzle to reset, they have no influence over the tiles. Unless you bounce off one of them and onto a tile you've already activated, I guess. Tongue out 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 42 of 72 (1,838 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

As Niah_Dark indicated, ONLY THE CONTROLLED CHARACTER can effect the tiles. Neither Morrigan nor any other Party member has any impact on them at all.

See videos of solutions for all four puzzles here.

Message 43 of 72 (1,834 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I read that the party doesnt affect the tiles but it really seems as it resets when they enter the puzzle... I will try again but I don't know...

Message 44 of 72 (1,822 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@DruMelego wrote:

Yes, I read that the party doesnt affect the tiles but it really seems as it resets when they enter the puzzle... I will try again but I don't know...

The ONLY thing that can trigger a tile to change states is having the CONTROLLED character step on it. 

Download the linked files and watch the videos.  In the ones for puzzles 3 and 4 you can clearly see the others walking all over the tiles without doing anything to them.

Message 45 of 72 (1,817 Views)

★ Novice

Had the same bug (PC, windows 10). 

Puzzles randomly reseting, sometimes even after walking on  3 tiles in a straight line.

Using tactical view to move my character resolved the issue.

Hope this helps.

Message 46 of 72 (1,774 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Had this problem on all three game plays, two different computers.
Ran fast, walked slow, lowered graphic options, nothing helped.
I know the patterns and I know I was not misstepping.

Used tactical camera and slowly made my way through, no random erasing of my tiles.
Annoying, but it works.

Edit: however on the last puzzle with the switches, the tactical camera makes your character move places that cause the tiles to erase. You move off the course or go back on tiles already stepped on. I ran through it without tactical and it worked fine. Don't know why but there it is.
Message 47 of 72 (1,715 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@alyeskay0ungI would be curious to know both the PC spec you used on lowest gfx setting to get this problem.

Just how is it relatively to the minimum requirements...

EDIT: i updated my CPU to a FX-8352 (i think)... 8 cores at 4ghz? Last time i tried it worked on medium premade settings. I was having all the first video's problems at that setting before.

Message 48 of 72 (1,702 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

yup im having this trouble too. the one with the switch, the other two went fine. i never noticed there was a timer for the back tiles? done it a 100 times on xbox/ps4. losing my mind. lowered the graphics, disabled all mods. tactics doesnt work. still no solution eh?

edit; i have no idea what happened but i finally got it. took like an hour ugh ^-^

Message 49 of 72 (1,670 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
So I know this was posted forever ago, but I figured I'd post the solution in case anyone else comes across this issue. Ive played Inquisition on my Xbox for quite a while, but just completed my first play through on the PC last night,where I ran into this oh so lovely bug. After hours of hair pulling frustration, I finally found the solution.

Get your walk on.

No really, toggle your walk and walk, don't run, the puzzles, and boom, bugs gone.

Note:This doesn't always work on the big puzzle. Sometimes it fixes it, sometimes it doesn't, but so far it has always worked for the two smaller puzzles, and the majority of the time for large puzzle, although the agonisingly slow process of tactical mode got me through the big puzzle.
Message 50 of 72 (1,580 Views)