Re: Can not complete the floor tile puzzle in the temple of Mythal

by DarkAmaranth1966

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

The puzzles work on the 360. It's only on the PC that I'm having this issue.  Does anyone know why this hasn't been fixed? Can't Bioware figure it out, or is it consider too low a priority? Frankly it's very annoying. I consider it a rather major glitch. After all, it changes the outcome for the ancient elves. I wish they'd get it right.

Message 21 of 72 (1,988 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The only way I found to get them to not keep resetting randomly is to lower some of my graphics settings. Something about too much detail to process and the game thinks you re-stepped on one when you didn't, or skipped over one, or something. Hope you can get through them. I agree that it's very frustrating to do it right and still have it not work.

Message 22 of 72 (1,977 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This issue is still not fixed as of december 29 2015.

I have had this problem systematically on this character (human male shield). Tiles not registering as walked on or puzzle randomly resetting on a straight line. I tried removing my background music, i tried switching to speakers from headphones, nothing works.

On my previous character (human female archer) i was able to complete the puzzle without any glitch.

I am not making this up and if you do not get this bug it is easy to assume i do something wrong but believe me, it is impossible to do something wrong 10 times in a row when you know the sequence.

Windows 10 on both character with only a windows reinstall in between. My pc barely has a thing on it right now.

This thread did not get an answer and starting a new one would remove information about the problem.

Can anyone help?

Message 23 of 72 (1,925 Views)

★★★ Expert

Use the solution maps here: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/What_Pride_Had_Wrought

The puzzles work fine on a PC running Windows 10, I've done them 4 times since upgrading to Windows 10, no problems at all, they solve just fine.

Message 24 of 72 (1,917 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I know the solution.

Like I said I can not enter it because the puzzle resets.

Other people on this thread have this problem.
Message 25 of 72 (1,910 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

You ARE doing something wrong.  Period.

The puzzles work correctly, consistently.

But one false step and it's Reset Time...  Shocked

Message 26 of 72 (1,901 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I walk in a straight line at the beginning of the first puzzle and it resets.

Kindly read the thread before insinuating I am lying.

If you do not provide help don't bother replying.
Message 27 of 72 (1,892 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@melbellai will try lowering the gfx settings next time i get there. My auto saves do not go back that far and i completed that game the other way. Sorryu i missed your post, it was helpful.

Message 28 of 72 (1,888 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

No one says you're lying.  You're simply not doing the puzzle(s) correctly.  If you were... things would work, (as millions of other players can attest.)

As noted previously by those trying to help, ONLY the controlled character can activate the tiles, so neither Morrigan nor your companions have any effect unless you select one of them (by accident, presumably, which was what was going on for another player who thought there was a bug.)  Switching to the tac-cam could conceivably cause the selected character to "hop" somewhere unexpectedly, but you don't indicate you're doing that.

And as also noted previously, submitting a video clip of the event would aid tremendously in figuring out the issue.

Message 29 of 72 (1,877 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

As i stated before, i did this puzzle before, possibly on lower gfx settings. You presume i am an idiot and i can't do the puzzle again knowing the solution because you can not concieve a bug exists FOR OTHERS and it is insulting.

If you have nothing constructive PLEASE, DO NOT REPLY.

Message 30 of 72 (1,867 Views)