Re: Can not complete the floor tile puzzle in the temple of Mythal

by PotentPotions

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Tanner: What platform are you playing on ?

The puzzles worked fine for me on PS4 ver 1.02, but apparently people on at least one other platform are having issues with followers/morrigan activating the tiles.

Message 11 of 72 (3,111 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have run this on both a Windows 8.1 and a WIndows 7 computer.

Message 12 of 72 (3,094 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this problem too. I've tried telling my party to both hold position and follow me, neither of which seems to make a difference, and unfortunately my screencapture program doesn't work with inquisition, otherwise I would show a video of it happening. Any ideas for a fix, or even a future patch?

Message 13 of 72 (3,078 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

I don't know it my experience is precicely what is going on with your game, but I was working on the really long puzzle with the switch, and the bloody thing kept (seemingly) randomly resetting on me.  I tried telling party members to hold position, stepping on different tiles to begin, any number of things - whatever I could come up with in frustration.  FINALLY, i managed to get them all lit up, but I ended up doing a serious double-facepalm when I figured out what MY problem was:  I had unintentionally bumpled the function keys that select different party members and it would seem that every time I did it, the companion selected just happened to be standing on a tile that I had already activated and the puzzle would reset.  In the end, I walked ALL of my companions to the neutral area next to the switch and selected Hold Position for each one, then switched back to the Inquisitor and started at my first tile choice and walked them.

It worked for me.  Not gonna grumble about the fact I spent almost an hour on those bleeping tiles...  <sigh>

Message 14 of 72 (3,071 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Yep. Same issue here. PC.

Have tried making my people stay (this worked on two puzzles, but not the one on the gate, because they teleport around when you go to pull the lever), changing graphics settings, tactical view, half tactical view, pausing constantly, running constantly, attacking while moving. All to no avail. This is absolutely infuriating, and none of the workarounds I have found in the couple similar threads elsewhere work. And I absolutely know it is not user error.

Hate to necro, but... y'know

Message 15 of 72 (2,960 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Morrigan was the one that I found most annoying with this since I can't tell her to stay still.

I got around it by starting on the center platform, highlighting all the panels on the lower portion (by the stairs) then pulling the lever and highlighting the top. Party members still teleported, but each time, they were already out of my way and in areas I didn't have to cross over again.

Message 16 of 72 (2,951 Views)

★★ Novice

I had this same problem and tried everything I could come up with and everything you guys came up with; Found this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiRiIgv5mA4 tho. And it helped me. I just let the followers and morrigan do as they pleased. I thought I needed a follower to turn the lever but apparently not Standard smile

Message 17 of 72 (2,862 Views)

★ Novice

The best advice i can give for this issue is to take it slow, and go one step at a time, don't run through the tiles even if you know exactly what you're doing. It took me about an hour to calm down after this happened 3 or 4 times. It worked right away. I don't know if this is a real solution, but i guess it is worth a try?

Message 18 of 72 (2,782 Views)

Hero

In my personal experience, the followers never activate tiles if you don't give them any commands. Telling them to hold position may actually work against you.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 19 of 72 (2,767 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

You are, in fact, stepping somewhere you shouldn't. 

This would be a widely-reported issue if it were a game bug. 

It isn't, and it isn't.

As the previous poster suggested, please post a video that shows what you're doing. Maybe we can spot where you're putting a foot wrong.

Cheers

[EDIT:  And no, neither Morri nor the rest of the Party will trigger any of the tiles either way just by following you.  Ever.

No need to "Hold" except to keep them from getting in your way. Only the controlled character can affect the tiles, so don't switch in the middle of the ritual!]

Message 20 of 72 (2,759 Views)