Re: Can not complete the floor tile puzzle in the temple of Mythal

by Tanner_6984

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can not complete the floor tile puzzle in the temple of Mythal

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I seem to be having a problem completing the floor tile puzzle in the temple of Mythal.  THere appears to be a bug that results in the puzzle randomly reseting when I move to a new tile.  This is happening on any of the three floor tile puzzles that I try, though I can finish the shorter two before the bug kicks in.  It is only on the longest of the three floor tile puzzles that I can not seem to complete the puzzle before it randomly resets.

To be clear, I am not walking over tiles that have already been activated, nor am I walking off the edge of the puzzle.  THe tiles simply reset at random points while I am trying to finish the puzzle.

I have tried reloading the save, I have tried restarting the mission, I have enven tried reparing the game.  I have managed to complete this puzzle before on a different computer that ran windows xp.  The laptop that I am currently running the game on is a windows 7.  Unfortunately, I have been unable to get access to the windows xp system to see if it is the operating system that is having the effect on game play.

Has anyone else been having this problem? If so, were you able to find a solution?

Message 1 of 72 (21,078 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

The solutions shown here are correct and do work. If need be print the diagrams, count your tiles carefully in each direction. The rest of your party has no effect on the tiles so, ignore them while solving these puzzles. I've also found that it works best solving the big gated one first, the one where you pull a lever.

View in thread

Message 51 of 72 (17,586 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

Just bumping this to see if anyone has a solution.  Thus far the only thing I have found that works is to keep running the puzzle till you luck out.  That was two hours of my life I will never get back...

Message 2 of 72 (20,822 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I think the problems is when either companions or morrigan step on one it resets as if it was you.... for companions telling them to hold after every tile seems to work, but morigan makes it impossible as she steps on one as she follows you and it resets.
Message 3 of 72 (20,715 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hmmm, I tried look at that, but my party following me on the tiles seems to have no effect.  Maybe if they follow you and walk off the puzzle area?  That might do it.

Message 4 of 72 (20,700 Views)

★ Apprentice

Nope, no go.  Followers leaving the puzzle area while I am trying to complete it does not cause the puzzle to reset.  It still seems to be just a random thing.

Message 5 of 72 (20,692 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also encountering this same situation on my PC version of the game. I have my party on hold (except Morrigan) and the tiles will reset at random and it is a game stopper. I have made it to the second puzzle and I can get so far as the second set of tiles to activate and it will reset (I have not stepped on a tile more than once). Is there a problem with these puzzles? better yet .. is there a fix?

Message 6 of 72 (20,679 Views)

★ Apprentice

As of right now, I have yet to figure anything out on my own. Nor has anyone come forward with a solution.  The only thing that I can suggest is to keep running the puzzles till you get through.  Eventually, you will luck out, though the last one with two platforms that you have to fill out is an utter nightmare.  On one character, it took two hours before I got through.  On another, I got through on the second try.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. 

Message 7 of 72 (20,673 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just bumping this to see if anyone else is having the same problem, or if someone has a solution.

Message 8 of 72 (20,655 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have still yet to encounter a solution to this problem, and the latest patch seems to have done nothing to correct it.

Message 9 of 72 (20,363 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Would you mind posting a short video clip to YouTube or something like that so we can see the issue in action?

Message 10 of 72 (20,352 Views)