Re: Can not complete the floor tile puzzle in the temple of Mythal

by Leora85

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am currently experiencing this problem myself. It's massively infuriating. It happened on all the puzzles, but I'm having the worst trouble with the third one. The tiles just randomly reset. I have this darn thing memorized in my mind (I think I will be seeing it in my sleep) and nothing I have tried works. It may be an issue with my computer, as it's not very powerful and maybe just can't handle all the tiles lighting up at once? I guess it's some small consolation that it's not just me. What a PAIN. I've done this quest a million times on PS4 (playing on PC only because this version came with DLC that I don't want to buy for PS4), and I know the solutions. It's a real bummer when it's just buggy mechanics that prevent you from doing something simple. Rant over. Good luck to everyone else having this issue Frown

Message 61 of 72 (1,402 Views)

★ Novice

I found that if you pause the game after every few tiles, it won't reset on you. I managed to do all three puzzles this way without them resetting on me. 

Message 62 of 72 (1,240 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I thought the one with the lever was bugged.  I just misunderstood how to solve it.  It does not help that a solution on a website showing the charts is wrong.  

I had to look at a YouTube video to find out how to solve it. 

It doesn't matter if companions step on the tiles with you, they don't affect the tiles.  

Message 63 of 72 (1,082 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When this game came out, I played it religiously until I came upon a quest to kill the Highland Ravager.  I wasn't strong enough to face it and had to grind to get the XP and money to upgrade my weapons.  That caused me to walk away from the game 4 years ago.  I have decided to come back to try out the game again.  I finally got the experience and weapons needed and I beat the dragon.  Only to find a short while later, this damn puzzle comes up and has caused me to totally lose my mind.  I'm walking away again.  Maybe in 4 years I'll have the patience to deal with this stupid issue.

Message 64 of 72 (833 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've tried it over a dozen times. In all but two of them, no, I did not, in fact, step on a tile twice. It's randomly resetting while I'm right smack in the middle of a tile.

Message 65 of 72 (684 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've tried this solution in particular 3 times, several yt video walkthroughs, and another diagram walkthrough. It does it on every single one of them.

Message 66 of 72 (684 Views)

★ Apprentice

So all these people are doing it wrong, repeatedly, for hours? Wrong. There is clearly an issue. Instead of stalwartly sticking to your position, which is obviously inaccurate, you might try listening and being helpful, instead of just being a stubborn *.

Message 67 of 72 (681 Views)

★ Apprentice

The sheer number of times we're having to do it strongly indicates that this is not the problem.

Message 68 of 72 (681 Views)

Hero

@creash1981 Not sure who/what all those posts were aimed at, but I take you're having the issue discussed in this thread. 
Have you tried lowering your graphics settings and closing any unnecessary programs (including any overlay programs)? If that doesn't help, could you provide a dxdiag? You can find instructions on how to generate one in the spoilered section of this sticky. Is there anything else you've tried?

Also, please keep in mind these are peer to peer support forums, most people here are volunteers, not EA employees, and give their own time to try to help people. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 69 of 72 (657 Views)

★★★ Novice
@melbella Going to try this as I run on Ultra 👍
Message 70 of 72 (370 Views)