Can I Install the GOTY Ed If I already own Base game

by Nightblade2150

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can I Install the GOTY Ed If I already own Base game

★★ Novice

Hi Guys

Im on PC...

I own DA Inquisition base game on Origin.. but Ive seen the GOTY Ed for a great price (£10).. 

As the GOTY Ed contains the Base game...Will I still be able to register and play GOTY even though I own DA: I base game..

Btw, the DA: I  is NOT installed 

Thanks

Message 1 of 2 (566 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can I Install the GOTY Ed If I already own Base game

★★ Novice

Hey Guys

After quite alot of research...

Yes, you can purchase, and play GOTY Ed if you have Base Game...  You get 2 versions of the game in your ORGIN Library...  

However, you even though you keep your progress, I found I had to Uninstall Base then Re-Install GOTY version..

Shame I couldnt GIFT the base game to my nephew and just install the DLCs.. He'd love to play it..

Oh well Standard smile

Cheers

Ps... In case anyone is interested in buying... the GOTY Ed is currently in the SALE for £10 (75% OFF) on "cdkeys"

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (549 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can I Install the GOTY Ed If I already own Base game

★★ Novice

Hey Guys

After quite alot of research...

Yes, you can purchase, and play GOTY Ed if you have Base Game...  You get 2 versions of the game in your ORGIN Library...  

However, you even though you keep your progress, I found I had to Uninstall Base then Re-Install GOTY version..

Shame I couldnt GIFT the base game to my nephew and just install the DLCs.. He'd love to play it..

Oh well Standard smile

Cheers

Ps... In case anyone is interested in buying... the GOTY Ed is currently in the SALE for £10 (75% OFF) on "cdkeys"

Message 2 of 2 (550 Views)