Camera flipping 180° while moving with right mouse button

by DarthZipacna

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Camera flipping 180° while moving with right mouse button

★★ Novice

When moving around, I use the right mouse button to turn. This leads to the camera flipping about 180° at random times, making "platforming" (i.e. moving across narrow passages, jumping) nigh impossible and just general movement extremely frustrating.

I first thought it might be related to the cursor hitting the edge of the screen while invisible, but I am not sure. I tried fiddling with all the mouse and camera settings, but nothing worked.

My system: https://hastebin.com/zixodatafo.tex

Message 1 of 15 (7,460 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Camera flipping 180° while moving with right mouse button

If you clean boot the system, thus booting up with minimal background programs and hopefully no Anti-virus and Firewall programs, does it still do it??  Trying to see if it is a program cross interference or just something in the game that doesn't like you...lol.

You may also try deleting your Profileoptions and profileoptions_options files in your saves folder....this resets all ingame options and sometimes fixes weird stuff.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 8 of 15 (7,649 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Do you have a second mouse that you can use test with? That way you can figure out if the issue is with the mouse or with the game (or Windows).

Probably unrelated, but I see in the dxdiag that your primary display adapter is Intel integrated graphics. If you haven't already, open the Nvidia control panel, go to 'manage 3D settings' and force this game to always use the Nvidia graphics card. Sometimes the game doesn't switch to the right graphics hardware, causing performance issues.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 15 (7,427 Views)

★★ Novice
Actually tried three different mice already, unfortunately still have the problem.

Same goes for the graphics settings, the flipping happens despite the proper ones. Also, just in case anybody's wondering, when the camera flips, the game doesn't stop for a moment or anything, it keeps running just fine, except my character's stumbling through the woods like a deluded moron who can't decide where he wants to go...
Message 3 of 15 (7,421 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Disabling the Origin in-game overlay sometimes helps with mouse issues.

Edit: Disabling the Origin overlay also makes load times in this game extremely long, so I no longer recommend it.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 15 (7,410 Views)

★★ Novice
Turned everything off in Origin, but the game's still doing it.
Message 5 of 15 (7,393 Views)

There is a button or setting in options that allows you to turn on mouse control of camera as a toggle instead of having to constantly press a button.  Does toggling mouse look on effect anything??  I want to know if it is related to mouse look or a combination of mouse look and button press.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 6 of 15 (7,386 Views)

★★ Novice
Nope, same issue with mouse look on and off. I noticed I haven't mentioned this yet: The flipping doesn't occur when I turn with buttons instead of mouse look (which I really, REALLY hate), so it definitely has something to do with the mouse stuff somehow.
Message 7 of 15 (7,373 Views)

If you clean boot the system, thus booting up with minimal background programs and hopefully no Anti-virus and Firewall programs, does it still do it??  Trying to see if it is a program cross interference or just something in the game that doesn't like you...lol.

You may also try deleting your Profileoptions and profileoptions_options files in your saves folder....this resets all ingame options and sometimes fixes weird stuff.

Message 8 of 15 (7,650 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

That (deleting the files) actually fixed it. Thanks, guys...

Message 9 of 15 (7,350 Views)

LOL, I did say deleting those files sometimes fixes weird stuff.....

Yeah, well, it does......LOL.Large smile

Message 10 of 15 (7,336 Views)