Bug Report on The Verchiel March quest

by fsunolez75

Original Post

Bug Report on The Verchiel March quest

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

*potential character quest story spoiler*

I was going Sera's quest The Verchiel March.  I completed the war table expedition.  Then I was to go meet up with a friend of Red Jenny at a remote locale in Crestwood.  The game transported me there, I had the scene that let you know this was a setup, I fought the first group of baddies that come.  Then nothing. 

I ran around the area for 20 minutes, using search, looking for anythig I need to click on, but there was never anything.  Eventually I gave up and travelled out of that locale (since it's remote and inaccessible).  The 'World Map' button was not there on the map screen, so I travelled to a camp and used the map's NW area change location to get out of there (due north of the starting camp).

Now everytime I go back to Crestwood, my map does not have the 'World Map' button on it, so the only way for me to leave Crestwood is via using the area change location option by the starting camp.  I've certainly tried gaining access to the remote location from the quest, which the mini mp now shows there's an enemy for me to kill there, but I obviously cannot gain access to the area. 

Edit:  I've since read what is supposed to happen here.  What I read is there's supposed to be an audial clue telling you to come here, and then a person appears, and you get different dialogue options on how to handle the person.  This certainly never happened

The quest in my quest log is completed.  I never had any conversation with Sera afterwards, as the quest never completed normally.

Edit 2:  I have the PC version of the game.

Message 1 of 13 (4,045 Views)

Re: Bug Report on The Verchiel March quest

★★ Novice

I had the same issue, subtitles but no voice or character. I fixed this issue by making the quest my current objective and taking ONLY Sera with me. Them choode middle dialog option.The noble then never despawned for me. Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 13 (3,727 Views)

★★★ Novice

same problem here, why no answer yet? 

Message 3 of 13 (3,715 Views)

★ Novice

i have the same problem, also ive found out it affects the quests "weeding out bandits" so they dont spawn. ive looked around to comfirm this and alot of ppl are having this problem.

Message 4 of 13 (3,687 Views)

★ Novice
Tried the prosed solution with no effect. The guy still does not spawn and there is no voice.
Message 5 of 13 (3,669 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had this problem twice. After reloading for my third try, I ran past the first set of pillars and made sure I engaged/killed all enemies beyond those pillars. The npc you have to talk to had spawned by the time I was done killing them.

Message 6 of 13 (3,634 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have traveled with only Sera there. When the fight starts I run past the opponents. Next up we see a man standing. Then I fight the enemies. After that the man should talk to you.

Message 7 of 13 (3,505 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue, had not saved for over an hour (teaches me not to rely on auto saves) and don't want to go back that far to begin again.  Hopefully Bioware/EA will put an update out soon to fix these issues.  What I am really concerned about is the game kept getting delayed so we wouldn't have these types of glitches.  I understand random glitches in the open world, but a party member quest... Come on now.

Message 8 of 13 (3,491 Views)

★★ Novice

Not exactly a solution but I tried kicking Sera out from the inquisition. The side quest did complete and the map returned to normal (can travel and environment changed). However, I still cant find the bandits for weeding out bandits quest....

Message 9 of 13 (3,144 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem here, also on PC.tried reloading several times with no change.  Frustrated, now I won't have her quest or weeding out the bandits done.  So much for completing everything.

Message 10 of 13 (3,030 Views)