Blackwall disappeared from Skyhold

by zangetsu221

Original Post

Re: Blackwall disappeared from Skyhold

Hero

Two possibilities:

1. You reached the part in the game where this is supposed to happen. There should be a messenger at the stables who you should talk to.
2. You have the disappearing companions glitch. Go inside the keep and come back.

Also keep in mind that his map marker is static, while Blackwall moves around the stables. He's not always in exactly the same spot.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 11 of 30 (3,733 Views)

★★ Novice
He was missing so I saved in the barn, loaded that save and he was back
Message 12 of 30 (3,639 Views)

★★ Novice

Blackwall seems to experience a particularly severe "disappearing companion glich". I'm not at the point where he's supposed to not be there, he's just not anywhere in the stables. Haven't tried the save-and-reload thing yet, going to now. But it would be nice if EA could figure out why this happens and fix it?

Message 13 of 30 (3,494 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Had the same problem. Blackwall's icon was there in the barn but he was missing (and no, it was not plot-related - this is my 2nd playthrough). Tried all the usual tricks to make companions reappear (turning around, fast travelling etc) and nothing worked. Then tried quicksaving on the spot he was suppsed to be and reloading and he was back the same as for raihidara. 

Message 14 of 30 (3,481 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Both Blackwell, Leliana and Cassandra has gone missing in my game.

The icon on the map indicates they are present. But the are invisible somehow.

Try walking away from the area, set a new quest as active in you Journal, and do something else for a while (visit the garden or something). Then set the related quest active again and go back. Sometimes they will spawn out of the blue.

Message 15 of 30 (3,470 Views)

★ Novice

Cheers mate, this is a huge help. I've been going in and out of Skyhold, turning my PS4 on and off and reloading my only save point (I deleted the other 8 saves moments before finding out he disappeared) for the last 3 hours. I really didn't want to start again after doing 226 hours and 19 minutes. :-)

Message 16 of 30 (3,460 Views)

★ Novice

Try looking outside of the stables; sometimes in my game, he wanders outside and starts chopping wood.

Message 17 of 30 (3,195 Views)

★ Novice
I had this issue too. I ended up finding him just outside the barn, where the horse is. He was just walking around
Message 18 of 30 (3,177 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This worked for me as well.
Message 19 of 30 (2,981 Views)

★★★ Newbie

actually it's NOT a glitch. You will see him again. Go to Val Royeaux. Don't want to spoil

Message 20 of 30 (2,641 Views)