by banzaigtv

Original Post

Re: Black Emporium DLC not appearing in game after download/update

★★ Novice

Same problem here mate. So frustrating!

Message 11 of 19 (3,213 Views)

★★ Novice

Does anyone have a fix for this yet? I have been unable to connect to the dragon age servers for hours and cant use the black emporium.

Message 12 of 19 (3,183 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the reports. For those affected by this, can you try restarting your machine with a Clean Boot, then start Origin as an administrator? Please ensure that your security software isn't blocking the game or Origin. 

Even if this has no effect, it'll be good to discount some potential points of interference. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 13 of 19 (3,165 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@banzaigtv wrote:

Do you have to download the MP DLCs to get this to work?

No, you do not need to download the multiplayer updates to use the Black Emporium. 

It runs well for me, here my DA:I set-up, Windows 7 here.

I am running: (as I also purchased the Inquisition Deluxe Upgrade for $9.99)

• DA:I 1.0.0.8 (patch 7)

• Black Emporium DLC

• Flames of the Inquisition Armor, Armored Mount and Weapons DLS (3 DLCs)
• Deluxe Content 

I am not running the Dragonslayer Multiplayer Expansion

I am not running the Destruction Multiplayer Expansion

And I have not purchased the Jaws of Hakkon DLC

It's late here (and apolgies if this has been mentioned) but  it is not clear from reading some of the posts if people are checking what Origin thinks is installed. If not:

• Open Origin

• Mouse over Dragon Age: Inqusition, and click the i icon for More Information

• Check that the DLC is installed

Message 14 of 19 (3,148 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Rizenfell wrote:

@banzaigtv wrote:

Do you have to download the MP DLCs to get this to work?

No, you do not need to download the multiplayer updates to use the Black Emporium. 

It runs well for me, here my DA:I set-up, Windows 7 here.

I am running: (as I also purchased the Inquisition Deluxe Upgrade for $9.99)

• DA:I 1.0.0.8 (patch 7)

• Black Emporium DLC

• Flames of the Inquisition Armor, Armored Mount and Weapons DLS (3 DLCs)
• Deluxe Content 

I am not running the Dragonslayer Multiplayer Expansion

I am not running the Destruction Multiplayer Expansion

And I have not purchased the Jaws of Hakkon DLC

It's late here (and apolgies if this has been mentioned) but  it is not clear from reading some of the posts if people are checking what Origin thinks is installed. If not:

• Open Origin

• Mouse over Dragon Age: Inqusition, and click the i icon for More Information

• Check that the DLC is installed

I actually got it to work after installing the multiplayer DLCs. Was there a bug or something?

Message 15 of 19 (3,134 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
Re: Black Emporium DLC not appearing in game after download/update[ New ]

Since I started this question it's up to Grandma to mark it solved. Connecting within the game to the Dragon Age servers seemed to have fixed things.

I've tried several things that I've found that worked for some, so in the spirit of being a mom and diffusing the situation, here's a list of things to try on PC before getting angry and throwing things at Bioware and EA.

The part in green is what actually worked for me.

-First, fire up the game and sign on to the Dragon Age servers within the game. This validates the DLC and just going through Origin isn't enough it seems. I know, I didn't have to do that for Jaws of Hakkon either but this is what actually worked for me.

NOTE: It seems you DO have to update the Multiplayer DLC to get BE to work if you have multiplayer installed. Let it sit unused and unloved in the files like mine does if you don't play multi.

-Verify you have the game installed in Origin:
Open Origin
Right click your mouse over Dragon Age: Inqusition, and select "View Game Details"
Scroll down and check that the DLC is installed

-Make sure you have the DLC folders in your DAI game file wherever you installed your game. Go to the game file, open the "Update" file inside it and look for folders called "Black Emporium" and the ones that have "DLC" in the title. If they aren't there, update or repair your game.

-Try a game repair through Origin. A game reinstall if you use a disk version for PC.

There are other, more complex, possible fixes for this issue but as you can see from 's post above, EA is on this so if you aren't confident enough with your computer, I'd call support or post your own question in the forum.

On a personal note, HUGE thank you to the following for their helpful tips:

is0pr0pan0l

Jinnrou

Message 16 of 19 (9,767 Views)

★ Novice

I followed the instructions given by the lady who called herself "Grandma", I located the files, the Black Emporium folder with files is there, not running, showed downloaded in Origin.  How do you do a repair through Origin, never done this before so sorry for the silly question.  Just getting frustrated as files are there but Emporium isn't showing up.  I did a complete shut down on my pc.  Opened Origin in admin mode, launched the game and it still isn't showing up.  It shouldn't be this hard to install an expansion pack.  What is even more galling, my hubby installed it no problem!  Please help.  Thanks

@MOJayhawker wrote:
Re: Black Emporium DLC not appearing in game after download/update[ New ]

Since I started this question it's up to Grandma to mark it solved. Connecting within the game to the Dragon Age servers seemed to have fixed things.

I've tried several things that I've found that worked for some, so in the spirit of being a mom and diffusing the situation, here's a list of things to try on PC before getting angry and throwing things at Bioware and EA.

The part in green is what actually worked for me.

-First, fire up the game and sign on to the Dragon Age servers within the game. This validates the DLC and just going through Origin isn't enough it seems. I know, I didn't have to do that for Jaws of Hakkon either but this is what actually worked for me.

NOTE: It seems you DO have to update the Multiplayer DLC to get BE to work if you have multiplayer installed. Let it sit unused and unloved in the files like mine does if you don't play multi.

-Verify you have the game installed in Origin:
Open Origin
Right click your mouse over Dragon Age: Inqusition, and select "View Game Details"
Scroll down and check that the DLC is installed

-Make sure you have the DLC folders in your DAI game file wherever you installed your game. Go to the game file, open the "Update" file inside it and look for folders called "Black Emporium" and the ones that have "DLC" in the title. If they aren't there, update or repair your game.

-Try a game repair through Origin. A game reinstall if you use a disk version for PC.

There are other, more complex, possible fixes for this issue but as you can see from @EA_David's post above, EA is on this so if you aren't confident enough with your computer, I'd call support or post your own question in the forum.

On a personal note, HUGE thank you to the following for their helpful tips:

@is0pr0pan0l

@Maevos

@EA_David

Message 17 of 19 (2,702 Views)

Hero

@antonizick2To repair a game in Origin, right click the game, a small menu comes up, choose 'Repair game' from this menu. Then wait, it may take a few minutes.

If the Black Emporium isn't showing up in game (you first have to find it on the War Table), make sure you're logged in to the Dragon Age servers in game, with the same account you're logged in to Origin with. As many in this thread have stated, this allows the DLC to be 'authenticated', and is necessary for any DLC you install, even free content.

If you keep having issues, feel free to come back. Standard smile 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 18 of 19 (2,688 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried repair,update etc i tried signing on withing the game ,till nothing   im going to try waiting for longer in game its the lat thing i can think of.

Message 19 of 19 (2,117 Views)