BattleMage Armor Arms[Attachment] Glitch (Human Female Mage Inquisitor)

by EvoSigma

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BattleMage Armor Arms[Attachment] Glitch (Human Female Mage Inquisitor)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Now there has been a post before addressing this issue and much of it has been isolated to a set amount of circumstances however, the post regarding the problem is dated from December of last year and the problem still hasn't been fixed. In my opinion, this glitch itself is fairly trivial and should be an easy fix but it seems that this slight adjustment has escaped all the recent patches. Just as an overview, this is a visual bug where the left shoulder of the armor on the model is seen floating which is extremely jarring and annoying to look at.

A screenshot showing the problem is here: http://imgur.com/3DQ2d9c

Known criteria for causes of the issue:

1) Isolated only to the human female Inquisitor (no problem concerning any other race or the male counterpart)

2) Only occurs when mesh quality is set on ultra (can fix this visual bug in gameplay by changing mesh quality to "high". However, the visual bug will still persist in cutscenes as all cutscenes default to ultra quality mesh settings. Still very annoying to look at especially since it still affects ALL the cutscenes)

3) Obviously only isolated to the armor attachment "Battlemage armor arms". Bugs with every armor set compatible with this armor attachment

If necessary, I can also provide a link to my save game file where the armor is equipped.

A link to the initial post reporting this issue is also here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Female-Inquisitor-Battlemage-Armor-floating-shoulder...

Now, I'm not sure if this simple visual bug fell to the very bottom of priorities with the recent patches, but the problem itself seems extremely trivial and shouldn't require too much time to fix. I was extremely disappointed to see this visual bug on my female mage inquitistor playthrough. The armor would look great if it literally didn't float in the middle of  no where.

If anything, this post should serve as a reminder that the problem certainly does exist and quite honestly, it should have been addressed by now with how simple the problem is. I can only hope that this post is seen and passed on to the dev team to be implemented into the next patch.

Message 1 of 5 (4,679 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BattleMage Armor Arms[Attachment] Glitch (Human Female Mage Inquisitor)

★★ Novice
Being recently reminded of this post by a mail notification, I should probably add that I was able to fix the issue myself via a mod which can be easily found on Nexus. Cheers!

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (2,614 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Ah, so I'm not the only person who has this problem.

I just recently made a female human Inq and was fairly disappointed when I finally was able to craft my favorite armor with its attachments just to see this bug. Especially since I already have 3 elven, 1 qunari, 1 human male and 1 elven male Inquisitors running around in this great armor. Frown

So, a fix would be really awesome and highly appreciated.

Message 2 of 5 (4,513 Views)

★★ Novice
Being recently reminded of this post by a mail notification, I should probably add that I was able to fix the issue myself via a mod which can be easily found on Nexus. Cheers!
Message 3 of 5 (2,615 Views)

EA DICE Team
Thanks for sharing! @TheGryph

I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

/Atic
Message 4 of 5 (2,546 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@TheGryph Ok that's cool can you give me the name of the mod or send the link please. This glitch is doing my nut in. Cheers
Message 5 of 5 (1,997 Views)