Armor sound gone after area transition.

by LorelaiMPA

Original Post

Armor sound gone after area transition.

★★ Novice

Title says it all - I get no armor sounds after an area transition.

PS4, Deluxe edition. 

The armor sounds do come back after a cinematic cutscene, but upon area transition they vanish again. 

So I can get a cutscene in Skyhold, for example - have armor sounds restored - transition to, say, Hinterlands and armor sounds are gone again. 

Fast travel in the same area is fine, but if I load into another map, the issue happens.

This not a sound delay or anything like that - all other sounds function perfectly, just the armor clanking sounds disappear. 

The actual footsteps sounds are still there (like dirt impact, snow impact), but no more clanking armor. 

Message 1 of 4 (247 Views)

Re: Armor sound gone after area transition.

★ Novice
This problem is annoying and while mounted your character's voice also disappears though the mount retains its sounds. Saving and then loading does not bring back the sounds...
Message 2 of 4 (225 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

sometimes after loading new areas sounds will be delayed for a moment. you can try calling your mount immediately, and waiting for the whistle to catch up, or getting into a battle and throwing some skills out which should  get rid of that once their sounds begin to play. if it happens while int he middle of running around, try going to audio options and changing the sound mode, exiting that submenu then going back in and putting your audio options back to their setting you had before. that resets the sounds and they should work again. I had a bug in multiplayer where I heard this god awful loud bloop and heard nothing at all, as if I turned off the speakers. doing this caused the god awful loud bloop again, but got everything working again with the audio. scared the **bleep** out of me though, thought eithe rmy speakers or the soundcard blew up. I remembered reading about the audio issues though and seeing someone else suggesting doing the same things to reset the sounds and get them working again.

to the other guy, while mounted I heard very low whistle sounds and no voice form my character while mounted. i figured it was a bug from the get-go. I have no idea how to handle that but it's something you adjust to eventually lol.

Message 3 of 4 (223 Views)

★ Novice
I think its just the armor clanking sound that goes after an area transition. I tried the audio settings thing, it won't bring those back. As for mount sounds I noted they'd come back afer traveling through the war room. For armor clanking the op is correct in saying they would return after a cutscene. So weird.
Message 4 of 4 (216 Views)