Re: All new, faded for her glitch/bug

by MarvelousClover

Original Post

All new, faded for her glitch/bug

★ Novice
Trying to do the solas quest and I talked to the Mage to get to the spirit, who becomes a pride demon. The pillars came down and I destroyed all 5, when I destroyed all 5 my screen went black for a few seconds like a loading screen. Then It loaded me into the same area with the pride demon there and no pillars but the pride demon is invincible and I can walk up to the areas the pillars used to be and hit something but I can't destroy them.

System: ps4
Direction of entrance: dalish camp
Tried fixes. Tried doing all other quests in the area tried entering from another direction. Tried restarting my ps4 and retrying.

Is their a fix comming for this? Would really like to continue the solas quest line.
Message 1 of 9 (8,563 Views)

★★★ Novice

Loki - It's a commom bug, but there isn't a known fix yet. The only solution is loading a save file before this happened. And be sure to come to the Demon from the correct direction. You need to visit all the corpses so Solas can have all his dialogues about them. 

Message 2 of 9 (8,539 Views)

★ Novice
Thanks, unfortunately I'm too far along too do that. Hopefully one comes soon.
Message 3 of 9 (8,530 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Did you ever figure this out? I am playing and mine does the same thing.
Message 4 of 9 (8,130 Views)

★ Guide

It's one of those quests that is sensitive to how you approach it for it to work correctly.  After you receive the quest and head to the Exalted Plains, start from that first camp and head West to slightly NW until you come to the River.  I usually aim for a Rift that needs closed (NOT the one North of the bridge, there is another Rift about mid point on the River).

From that point head South along the River.  You will come to a small ruin where you will have a small battle w/ bandits.  The ruin itself is an important part of another quest, but only as a progress marker for your current quest.  After that battle Solas will say something to the effect of:  "We're getting close now, thank you Inquisitor for helping me with this".

Proceed South until you see a road/path on your left.  This, unfortunately is very important, and the reason you should not approach this quest from the Elven camp, because you would likely miss it.  Anyway, there are some bodies in the road that you need to inspect.  You will inspect 2 of them.  One is killed by arrows, but another has claw marks.  Solas becomes upset at this discovery because it is from the Demon form of his Spirit-friend.  A short conversation ensues.

Head SW to some pillars that you can see and you will encounter the mages that summoned the Demon.  A 3 way conversation ensues between the Inquisitor/Solas/and the mages.  Answer wisely if Solas is your friend.

Go to the pillars where the Demon is and destroy the 5 pillars.  Do Not attack the Demon.  When he attacks someone in your party have them move around instead of attacking him.  Concentrate on destroying all 5 of those pillars.  Once the pillars are destroyed, a short cut scene will happen with Solas and the Spirit (no longer a Demon).  After that a short conversation and Solas will leave the party, rejoining at Skyhold.

You can earn some major points with Solas on this quest if you choose the right options.

I liked this quest, it's just unfortunate that those corpses are so closely tied to being able to complete it. 

Message 5 of 9 (8,109 Views)

★★★ Newbie
The same happened to me, but the direction I took was alongside the river. I tried to go off the map and return, get there from different directions and I also closed the rift next to the demon, but nothing worked. So I accepted that it was glitched, did other stuff and turned off my Xbox 360. Next day, when I started my save, the cutscene triggered right after the loading screen, but without any sounds or subtitles. At least it counted as accomplished mission.
Message 6 of 9 (7,801 Views)

★ Novice
None of the replies here address the first part of the described problem - the demon & pillars *were attackable, the pillars were all destroyed*, but instead of triggering the next dialog/cutscene, one gets a black screen for a while. OP was transported back to pillars & demon up but invincible,

However, I destroyed all the pillars, got the black loading screen, then find myself on the empty scene without pillars or demon or mages, Solas in my party, the quest marker active and the tracker telling me to "deal with the demon" (which isn't there anymore). It's ridiculous how a quest this buggy to start and finish lives on with the bugs for over three years.
Message 7 of 9 (7,390 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Avoiding the bodies all together and heading straight to the demon seen to work for me

Message 8 of 9 (5,540 Views)

★ Novice
@KyaniteD So I know this question was asked forever ago, but I actually just ran into this exact issue and was looking up ways to fix this bug, when I managed to get it to work. I tried all the stuff stated above, approaching from the main road and looking at the bodies. Also made sure not to attack the demon. However, it didn’t work the first two tries. The only thing I did different on my third try was that I made sure I wasn’t in tactile view when destroying the last pillar. I have no clue if that was just a fluke or not, but it’s the only thing I did differently. 🤷‍♀️
Message 9 of 9 (3,308 Views)