Re: Activation UI is running but hung Dragon Age Inquisition will not start.

by Donta1979

Original Post

Activation UI Hung Dragon Age Inquisition will not start. -Razer have a fix

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The game ran last night no issues. Today no luck...

I tried to make it launch without origin that didn't work. Re-enabled it still didn't work. 

Went into origin and disabled origin with the game/games fully, including overlay the works, still didn't work, re-enabled still did not work.

Ran a repair on game didn't work

Windows 8.1 is up to date no issues.

System specs

http://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?buildid=33726

Set all hardware to default settings

When I click play the play button grays out then nothing, running task manager the Activation UI (32 bit) an EA executable I notice is now running but its not doing anything. The file path is G:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\Core

So no clue what is up at this point.....

Razer devices mice/keyboards/headsets/virtual surround from razer using synapse this might fix your issue it did with me....

Those who have Razer synapse software Shut it down all of it... RMB on the icon in your task manager tell it to exit, hit ctrl + alt + del to get into the task manager, and anything dealing with Razer end the task. Game should work after that... figured it out on my own... Not sure if this is an EA issue or a Razer issue... 

Message 1 of 12 (7,351 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

What worked for me and the answer that was provided me by the EA Chat thing was to go into the Origin application settings and go to Origin In Game and uncheck enable Origin In Game.

*Edit: I lied, what worked for me was closing Razer Synapse program. 

Message 2 of 12 (7,246 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That didnt work for me, already tried it read my post=/

Message 3 of 12 (7,243 Views)

★ Novice

Not working for me either.  I added the free Black Emporium, and thought I'd do a 2nd play through...no luck.  Maybe I'll try uninstalling and re-installing.

Message 4 of 12 (7,235 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having similar issues. Tried offline mode, disabling origin, did a cache cleanup. tried repairing (it kept failing at 100%) couldn't find any razer stuff to disable, not sure what the issue is.

diagnostic:

http://hastebin.com/ijisucured.tex

Message 5 of 12 (7,210 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Anyone get the game working with some way that has not been mentioned in my post?

Message 6 of 12 (7,190 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Those who have Razer synapse software Shut it down all of it... RMB on the icon in your task manager tell it to exit, hit ctrl + alt + del to get into the task manager, and anything dealing with Razer end the task. Game should work after that... figured it out on my own... Not sure if this is an EA issue or a Razer issue...

Message 7 of 12 (7,175 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, that worked for me... Unfortunatly, because I just can't believe that their(origin) launcher just crashes with a so known brand software. :/

Thanks for your help.

Message 8 of 12 (7,014 Views)

★★ Novice

The MSI Gaming App was also holding things up. I'm up and running now.

Message 9 of 12 (5,248 Views)

Re: Activation UI Hung Dragon Age Inquisition will not start. -Razer have a fix

★★★ Novice
2018 here.
Can confirm, that Razer Synapse was blocking the game. I had to turn off launch on start up to make sure it won't do it ever again.
Windows 10.
Message 10 of 12 (5,033 Views)