Accounts for Dragon Age Inquisition

by LeliMorri

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Accounts for Dragon Age Inquisition

★★ Novice

Hi everybody,

I'm quite new to this Dragon Age Inquisition Game. Since I've been having problems with connecting to the servers I tried to read all kinds of issues and their solutions (servers seemed to work properly when I tried to connect).

Nothing helped. I wonder about the account now. I've created an EA account and installed Origins on my PC. I can easily log in to Origins locally and into the Keep online with that account (I have a single e-mail account connected to it).

What I'm not sure about: Do I need an account for the Inquisition game as well and if yes, where in the game do I set that up and how do I connect it to the Origins account? I only read about PSN or XBOX accounts concerning the account connection, never really about PC.

Thx a lot.

Message 1 of 5 (737 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Accounts for Dragon Age Inquisition

DAI doesn't show up in your Origin Library??  Is is hidden by a filter??  If it isn't then yeah, that is likely the issue.  Clearing the origin cache...https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/ 

You may also try to refresh your library, and you may need to talk with official EA help and see what's going on with your account if this continues.  By official EA help  I mean....EAHelp on Twitter, and https://help.ea.com and use chat with Rep and NOT post to forum which is here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (659 Views)

All Replies

DAI SHOULD be using the account you are logged into with Origin, so no need to add or enter anything inside the game itself.

Making sure Origin, DAI are both being ignored by any firewall you are running, as well as running as admin is the basic steps.  The way it SHOULD work is you log in online with Origin, start the game and the game SHOULD then be able to access both the Keep and online play after this.

What exactly is the nature of your having trouble connecting online??  Is it world state??  Multiplayer??

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 2 of 5 (718 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi mcsupersport,

thanks a lot for your reply, it helped me to understand some of the basics. I had DAI already in the accept list of the firewall and added Origin now. I started both apps as admin and since I checked 'always connect me at startup' the game tried to connect to the servers (which were definitely up at that time)....but to no avail. The game still says that I'm not connected (even though Origin App displays me as ONLINE). I retried manually to Log In in the Main Menu but the same: dialog with 'not connected' appears.

What is maybe different is that DAI does not show in the Game Library. Could that be the problem? I can start the game without problems but anything concerning online connections does not work. I have not yet started another game to check if I can import a world state from The Keep, neither finished the current game to check if I can use the Golden Nug but I suppose that if I cannot connect to the servers those things won't work as well. Any other ideas what might be the problem?

Message 3 of 5 (694 Views)

DAI doesn't show up in your Origin Library??  Is is hidden by a filter??  If it isn't then yeah, that is likely the issue.  Clearing the origin cache...https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/ 

You may also try to refresh your library, and you may need to talk with official EA help and see what's going on with your account if this continues.  By official EA help  I mean....EAHelp on Twitter, and https://help.ea.com and use chat with Rep and NOT post to forum which is here.

Message 4 of 5 (660 Views)

★★ Novice

It isn't hidden by a filter or any other means, it just doesn't show up.

In any event, I'm going to contact EA about this.

Thanks a lot for your help, really appreciate it.

Message 5 of 5 (639 Views)