Ability Tooltips Disappeared

by bbbadger

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ability Tooltips Disappeared

★★★ Newbie

Been playing DA:I on PC for a while now. Today, without changing anything, the names of abilities/actions no longer appear when I hover over them. Can't see anything in options to enable/disable tooltips. It only happens for my main character, in slot 1. Tooltips working fine for the other characters. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

Message 1 of 5 (1,515 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ability Tooltips Disappeared

★★★★ Novice
@landomatic Hello,
Try to change resolution of your monitor - there are some issues with hotbar on high resolution screen.
On which part of the game are you? (On start, or later in Azyl town?) Some reports say that after conversation with NPC hotbar return on place.
Hope this solution works for you.

Have a nice day Standard smile

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (970 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @bbbadger,

It's indeed quite strange if it happened only on one character. Maybe try the repair function? When going in your Origin library, click on the game cover and look for "Repair Game". Let us know if it worked.

Message 2 of 5 (1,495 Views)

★ Apprentice

This STILL remains an issue 6 years later. Anyone have a solution?

Message 3 of 5 (983 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@landomatic Hello,
Try to change resolution of your monitor - there are some issues with hotbar on high resolution screen.
On which part of the game are you? (On start, or later in Azyl town?) Some reports say that after conversation with NPC hotbar return on place.
Hope this solution works for you.

Have a nice day Standard smile
Message 4 of 5 (971 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Dragon Age, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 5 of 5 (771 Views)