[AVG/Avast] Inquisition won't open on PC (Re-occurring after Origin update)

by raynkure

Original Post

Re: [AVG/Avast] Inquisition won't open on PC (Re-occurring after Origin update)

You may wish to run a scannow/sfc scan to see if you have a windows issue.  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o... 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 221 of 230 (8,074 Views)

★★★★ Novice

that's what i found so far!

Message 222 of 230 (8,055 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@shyeldring even with all this, system configuration keeps freezing the second i try to disable one or all of the proceses displayed after i checked the hide all microsoft services,case!
Message 223 of 230 (8,056 Views)

★★★★ Novice

ok so this will be my last post and hopefull will help others too in the future....my problem as i mentioned in the other mesasges i couldn't find it no matter the solutions proposed or the help from the EA....my last resort was to reinstal windows....before doing so i tryed to instal DAI in my old laptop...like 3 years old...and the game started instantly...so i just reinitialized my pc to reinstal the windows...the same copy that was cached in the pc when i first bought it...just to be sure i found some saves in my old laptop which predated the DAI deluxe edition release date...which i put in place of the newly installed game's save folder....and as antivirus i stil lhave the preinstalled norton....now my game prefectly started on steam and origin as well...thou i can't pinpoint the problem,i can't say if it was the reinstalation of windows or the old save folder with the old profiles....so as i used the extreme method to get the game going hope one of my steps could help you guys if need! thx everyone for your time and for trying to help me !

Message 224 of 230 (8,022 Views)

Hero

@shyeldring My guess would be your system restore mucked something up. I would be careful about doing things like that in future, unless they're necessary. Glad you got everything working again! Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 225 of 230 (7,985 Views)

★★★★ Novice

can't see what happened since the pc is allmost new...less than a year ....all i have installed is the preinstalled programs and steam+origin....i have automatic updates on so he does all his updates stright from the official site....really can't see where or what turned around like this...bought it just for gaming so there are no other programs than those 2 and the ones that came preinstalled from the manufacturer! anyways thanks for your time and trying to help :D

Message 226 of 230 (7,981 Views)

Hero

@shyeldring The problem with pre-built computers (and many laptops) is they come pre-installed with a lot of useless bloatware (such as Norton),  likely in the hope that you will purchase the paid version. Just because a piece of software is pre-installed on a computer doesn't mean it's good or necessary for the computer to run. These programs can cause issues, or can clash with other programs you installed (such as games). 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 227 of 230 (7,975 Views)

@shyeldring 

The fact that you couldn't disable things in msconfig was heavily indication of an issue in Windows itself, as DAI and Origin shouldn't have that ability without major glitch.  And as @Leora85 said, a system restore point isn't a perfect action, as it is overwriting many things and all it takes is one hickup for any number of reasons and you have anything from minor annoyances to full crash of the system.  Now system restore points are set up to minimize this, but it can still happen, and since your issue started after one, then likely it was involved. 

Basically something in Windows got glitched, and you fixed it probably the best way for your system since you had fairly little installed.  It would really hurt on my system, with the amount of stuff I have and some of it not available anymore, we will not talk about how long my Windows 7 upgraded to Windows 10 operating system has been in continuous use......shhhhhh.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 228 of 230 (7,957 Views)

★★★★ Novice

good to know :d....btw i wanted to try system restore before trying to complete erase and reinstal ....but the game allready worked on this pc for like 100 or maby more hours of play...and the problem started before thinking to set a restore point of the system....all available set points were after the game started to crash....i usualy set restore points every moth or so ,,,dunno how i forgot to create some earlyer :D....but dang...lesson learned and the game works so that's what matters the most :D ty for all your info's !

Message 229 of 230 (7,944 Views)

The Rapport service by IBM, is used for online banking and also a known interference with DAI.  So you may have had that as original issue or the issue with DAI, and then the restore point messed up in weird way and stopped you being able to disable select services.  

Glad you can play, feel free to come back if issues return, of it you wish to help others.

Message 230 of 230 (7,936 Views)