Re: Inquisition won't open on PC

by Leora85

Original Post

Re: [AVG/Avast] Inquisition won't open on PC (Re-occurring after Origin update)

★ Novice

November 2019 - the same Thing, Avast Free was stopping the game instantly. 

In AVAST's exceptions, I added the Origin folder, the Origin Games folder and the Dragon age .exe for good measure. Working fine now. 

Message 191 of 230 (3,450 Views)

Re: [AVG/Avast] Inquisition won't open on PC (Re-occurring after Origin update)

★★★ Newbie

Hi mate,

Its really bad to face such issues there are many reason which can cause this error such as:

1. Background Services

2. Administrative Privileges

3. Full-Screen Optimizations

4. Compatibility

5. Direct X/VC Redist

6. Missing Files

In my case, it was missing files. perhaps the antivirus or firewall “ate” some files or something else. So I think you should be verifying the files of the game. Here is the process to do so: https://techtade.com/dragon-age-inquisition-wont-launch/

Message 192 of 230 (3,379 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

2020 and this is still a problem.  I've tried several solutions, but this is the only one that worked.  Many thanks for posting this!

Message 193 of 230 (2,213 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Leora85 Yes using the "exclusion" tab in AVG options allowed me to start game. Entered exe. path from game folder;" Usually the one with DAI green icon".
Message 194 of 230 (1,992 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_David Yes, I was. Just came back to DA:I after a long time away, & i *could* *not* get the game to load. This fixed it perfectly. Thanks! [Now let's find out how rusty I've got while I was off making a living....]
Message 195 of 230 (1,922 Views)

★ Guide

I know this is an old thread, but Microsoft Security (Windows 10) has consistently ranked high and higher than most paid antivirus products. I ditched Avast when I switched to Windows 10 early this year and haven't looked back.

Message 196 of 230 (1,586 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you!!! I had the same problem and after exception added everything is working fine Wink

Message 197 of 230 (1,262 Views)

★ Novice

thank you, this solution worked for me. I went a long time without AVG giving me trouble with Inquisition...

Message 198 of 230 (961 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hey.. i bought the game last night.. i get a black screen at the start when loading the game and then back to the desktop.. dont have any anti virus only windows defender.. this is my dxdiag

Message 199 of 230 (828 Views)

Hero

@Vinhaaaaas First thing to try is to add exceptions for DAI, Origin and the DAI folder in Users to windows defender. If you're playing on Steam, you also might need to add any steam related DAI folders as well. 

If that doesn't help, make sure you have any programs with overlays turned off (including Origin in game). This includes discord, teamspeak, Razer software, etc. 

Next I'd try a clean boot. 

Try those and let us know how you go. Standard smile 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 200 of 230 (769 Views)