Re: [AVG/Avast] Inquisition won't open on PC (Re-occurring after Origin update)

by TiaMaria0780

Original Post

★★ Novice

Hi, thank you for your help. I have uninstalled Avast, uninstalled origin and DAI and reinstalled, as well as repaired. I have also checked in Nvidia and made sure that the game is still using Nvidia card and it is, and the game is still doing the same thing. I have attached a new dxdiag file.

Message 181 of 230 (6,274 Views)

From your DxDiag....

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GT 750M
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Display Memory: 4928 MB
Dedicated Memory: 971 MB

Driver Date/Size: 8/24/2015 5:00:00 PM, 15630616 bytes

So if I am understanding this correctly...your drivers are almost 3 years old, and for whatever reason, it still shows all data on Intel chip instead of Nvidia...you may try an update on your drivers, as even the Intel stuff is the same age.

Also setting a virtual memory of twice your ram as a set number on your computer has also been known to cut down on issues.  You also show several windows update failures which may or may not be causing issues. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 182 of 230 (6,266 Views)

★ Novice

Heads up if anybody's still reading this thread in 2018 but as of Avast purchasing AVG, this is now also an issue with Avast and the solution is the same, except that I'm not sure which shield is blocking the game from launching. I added Origin Games to the exceptions for everything I could just in case.

Message 183 of 230 (5,477 Views)

★ Novice
I confirm this with Avast Free.
Solved by adding the DA:I folder to the exceptions list in Avast options.
Message 184 of 230 (4,532 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Thank you for this. The hubby just brought the game for himself and was having issues trying to play the game until he went into his Avast and changed it in the "Exceptions" and now he can play his game... Standard smile

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't work for EA. I'm here to help in any way that I can.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 185 of 230 (3,727 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am Playing DA Inquisition through Origin Premier Access and have literally done everything in this thread from the begining to these recent suggestions to get my game to work and I have Avast and added it to the 'Exceptions', all my games in fact to be sure as well, and still did not work. I then found that in Avast in the list under the 'Exceptions' was 'Blocked and allowed apps' this allows programs through Ransomware Shield and Sensitive Data Shield. I added DA Inquisition to the allowed list and now I can play it.

Hope this helps others Standard smile

Message 186 of 230 (3,473 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Also had the same issue and I'm currently using AVG. Adding the game under the exceptions list made the game playable.

For AVG, you'll find it under Menu (upper right corner beside minimize icon), Settings, General then Exceptions.  Added game location (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\*).

Message 187 of 230 (3,208 Views)

Re: Inquisition won't open on PC

★★ Apprentice

Adding the exception to Avast also works because Avast now owns AVG. Tested working on Windows 10 64 bit! Thank you Standard smile Time to play this cool game!

Message 188 of 230 (3,058 Views)

Re: Inquisition won't open on PC

★★★ Newbie

I know this thread is old, but I just had this problem and for me deleting that really worked! Thank you so much🙂 

Message 189 of 230 (2,924 Views)

★★★ Novice

For future gamers :

I just put together a new gaming pc, windows 10. DAI wouldn't start, it would run for a few seconds a black screen and immediately it would return to the Origin page.

The solution was simple but hard to find.

You just have to manually exclude it on the antivirus. I use Avast but I read that it happens on other brands also.

Try that first before you start re-install the game, video drivers etc.

Hope it works for you also.

Message 190 of 230 (1,538 Views)