Re: Inquisition won't open on PC

by larax33

Original Post

Re: [AVG/Avast] Inquisition won't open on PC (Re-occurring after Origin update)

★ Novice

@mcsupersport; Hey, and thank you! That gives me something to work with. I'll look into it and get back to you.

I'd imagine Windows 10 is pretty ticked off that I disabled a bunch of features like that whole P2P update thing. I do have a Steelseries keyboard. I just looked, and it seems I forgot to install the control software for it, but maybe there's some leftover registries that need to be cleaned up. I'll look at that when/if I've eliminated the other options.

Message 161 of 230 (2,532 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Steelseries h/w, and some Razer gear, and certain Logitech headsets, have been known to cause this problem.  Although IIRC, in most cases it's the software (e.g. 'Synapse') that's the issue.

Message 162 of 230 (2,521 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've got this problem as well, strange thing is, I've installed the game on three computers and the problem occurs to every single one. I also don't know jack * about computers (or games or files or anyhing) so could someone perhaps help me (and by that I mean, you're probably gonna have to explain literally every step...). Also I don't know what a dxdiag or hastebin is so I can't give you that..

I've tried re-installing the product, repairing the game, making an exception in avg etc. 

I had this problem once before months ago but it kinda resolved itself for a while but here it is again...

Message 163 of 230 (2,480 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert
1. Uninstall AVG.
2. Profit.
3. Get an a/v program that works, instead of one that prevents things working .
Message 164 of 230 (2,475 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you - this fixed my issue.  It was definitely something I wouldn't have thought of.

Message 165 of 230 (2,322 Views)

★★★ Newbie

TY it helps.For me it was antivirus block..

Message 166 of 230 (1,597 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

SOLUTION FOR AVAST USERS for AVAST BLOCKING ORIGIN GAMES

If you have avast it is also quite simple. 

1. Open avast.

2. Click settings.

3. In general 5th tab down click Exclusions.

4. in file paths click browse. find the game folder of which is being blocked. or where the .exe should be.

5. click the tiny box near the folder that you want to exclude. as shown in the photo.

tiny box.PNG

6.  the path should be added and you are good to go Standard smile

EDIT: 1. Overlays like Overwolf or Teamviewer are known to cause slight problems when loading up DAI. I would recommend disabling them.

Message 167 of 230 (1,438 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thx was going crazy with all the 2014 post solutions and it turns out it was avast now it starting atleast.
Message 168 of 230 (1,336 Views)

★ Novice

thx a lot and thx everyone try to help . after a long time i can able solve the problem with the game and now i can play at least i can work now can enjoy the game.

Message 169 of 230 (1,282 Views)

★★★ Newbie
The tech support suggested fixes that broke my Chrome, all my Steam account games and prevented me from uninstalling any programs. So not trust tech support. They will wreck your PC.
Message 170 of 230 (875 Views)