Re: Inquisition won't open on PC

by kontrabasso

Original Post

★★★ Novice

ything is up to date and i had nothing in the backround going except for Origin itself.. As that is the launcher and ya my comp should be good enough I have a 64 bit system.

Message 91 of 230 (7,834 Views)

EA DICE Team

@EshtarKolan

I can take a closer look for you if you could attach a dxdiag to your reply - select Reply -> Choose File to upload the file to this thread.

Message 92 of 230 (7,824 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Greetings.

I can confirm that this is an issue in 2017.

Dragon Age Inquisition when started, opens a small black window before going to full screen. When that black window becomes full screen the game immediately exits.

I have identified my occurrence of this problem as being related to the AVG Internet Security Business Edition on Windows 10 x64 Edition running the virus database version 4749/13718 (1/6/2017).

Adding the games executable to the exceptions list is a valid workaround for this issue if AVG is the source of the start failure.

Message 93 of 230 (7,772 Views)

EA DICE Team

@agam3mn0n

Thank you for taking the time to share that detailed comment - much appreciated!

Message 94 of 230 (7,766 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you for your help. My housemate got me a copy of this for PC so we can play together and I have spent the better part of a fortnight trying to get it to launch. I look forward to playing with my Xmas present. Thank you again.

Message 95 of 230 (7,717 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

thank you so much for this advice i have been racking my brain trying to sort this and contacting EA and deleting everything off my computer and putting it back on and using scan to see if anything is going wrong and all it was ,was AVG so thank you :D

Message 96 of 230 (7,693 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Infernal-Yetti

Thanks for the confirmation - happy to hear that you're playing again Standard smile

Message 97 of 230 (7,684 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi Tom, thank you for the AVG solution, i make a execption on AVG and the game run.

Message 98 of 230 (7,642 Views)

EA DICE Team

@kontrabasso

Great! Thank you for taking the time to confirm this Standard smile

Message 99 of 230 (7,632 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes! That worked. 

This happened to me before and and I knew it was alot easier to fix than uninstalling/reinstalling drivers, and playing around with a clean boot. 

I also added DA:I as an an exception in AVG,  Options, Advanced Settings, Exceptions, then chose application/file, found the .exe for DA:I  (C: Program files, origin games, Dragon Age Inquisition)

I disable origin in game:  for the newest (2017) version of origin:  Origin, application settings, more. 

I updated the Patch package. in (C/ programs,/origin games,/dragon age inquisition/update) by adding 1 to whatever it said. so 10 becomes 11, 12 becomes 13.. etc)

I am making sure my graphics software is up-to-date now, but it looks like deleting the ProfileOptions_profile files worked. 

Just so everyone knows, My game would open to a black screen and then immediately crash to the desktop, and I am still on Win7, 

Message 100 of 230 (7,617 Views)