Re: Inquisition won't open on PC

by EshtarKolan

Original Post

★★ Novice

Whoever suggested adding an exception to AVG - you are a genius. Thank you Large smile

Message 81 of 230 (9,340 Views)

Re: [AVG] Inquisition won't open on PC (Re-occuring after Origin update)

★ Apprentice

I am having the exact same issue. The only way I can get it to launch is to do what is called a clean boot (not safe boot), and then the game launches. i have to do this every time I go to play the game. I made a tech support ticket, and he did absolutely nothing but send me a link to this thread. But doing a clean boot should make it work.

Message 82 of 230 (9,333 Views)

Re: [AVG] Inquisition won't open on PC

★★★★★ Expert

Using a Clean Boot is only step one in a procedure used to identify and eliminate a conflicting piece of software.  Visit Microsoft's description of using a Clean Boot for the rest of what you need to do, and follow up from there.  

Message 83 of 230 (9,331 Views)

Re: [AVG] Inquisition won't open on PC (Re-occuring after Origin update)

EA DICE Team

@creash1981

A clean boot is a testing method, not a solution. This means that if you've managed to resolve an issue with a clean boot that is still up to you to find out which program on your system was causing the problem.

To pinpoint the cause, start turning on programs again until you once again encounter the problem.

Message 84 of 230 (9,305 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I am having the same problem. I am not sure if it is AVG or not but the game will not launch. When I try it goes poof..

Message 85 of 230 (9,213 Views)

EA DICE Team

@EshtarKolan

If you have AVG installed then I can confirm that it is what is blocking Inquisition - please allow the game access once more.

Message 86 of 230 (9,204 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ya it was AVG but the game it self does not run so well it is very skippy even with graphics set to low..

Message 87 of 230 (9,201 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This work for me, I was having the same problem. Thank you very much! I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for EA to reply , and they still haven't. If it wasn't for you I'd be still waiting!

Message 88 of 230 (9,199 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The posters that mentioned adding dragon age to the exception in avg are right if thats your issue. It fixed it immediately for me.

Message 89 of 230 (9,191 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Juicytie @Bi11ionair

Thanks for confirming that the problem has been solved by making changes to your anti-virus.

@EshtarKolan

Is your computer powerful enough to run the game? Are all your drivers updated? I would also recommend to turn off as much background programs as possible while playing.

Message 90 of 230 (9,185 Views)