Re: Inquisition won't open on PC

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: Current Issue May 2016: [AVG] Inquisition won't open on PC

EA DICE Team

Hello everyone,

Please make sure that you've read the accepted solution in this thread - any new update to Origin or Inquisition can once again trigger a block in your anti-virus. If that happens then you need to add a new exception for Origin and Inquisition and you should be good to go.

Message 71 of 230 (10,398 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

OMG you're a genius.

Thank you so much. Your post help me with hrs of headache trying to solve this issue. Now i'm ready to play the game. You're the best.  =)

Message 72 of 230 (10,379 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Hohonator1

Good to hear! :eahigh_file:

Message 73 of 230 (10,361 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, I'm also having this same problem. 

Here is my hastebin: http://hastebin.com/unusigemij.tex

I have tried every listed solution. I use AVAST anti virus, not AVG, and I still added the game to the exceptions list and it crashed on launch. The game is up to date, I have repaired it, I have ran the game and Origin as administrator, and still it is not working. Please help me out. 

Message 74 of 230 (10,352 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @KiloAlpha157,

In your case make sure the game is launching with the Nvidia card and not the Intel chipset.

Message 75 of 230 (10,345 Views)

★★ Novice

I did so through the NVIDIA control panel but it still isn't working.

Message 76 of 230 (10,357 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

What happens exactly @KiloAlpha157? Does the game open and closes immediately or does it get stuck in the program tray?

I looked under the error reports at the end of the DxDiag and I can't see the game's exe so I think it's probably another program causing some interference. Have you also try adding Origin to the list of exceptions, not just the game? If not, try that or try disabling AVAST momentarily to see if that helps.

Message 77 of 230 (10,349 Views)

★★ Novice

It opens and closes immediately, yes. A black window opens and closes in a few seconds. I have Origin and Dragon Age Inquisition in the exception list. I have tried disabling AVAST. Nothing works. 

Message 78 of 230 (10,347 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Avast is not the same product as AVG.  I haven't used AVG in years, and have had no problems from Avast.  You'll need to look to some other vector for this rather generic failure symptom.  Personally, I have such a negative opinion toward the Geforce Optimus hardware and drivers, I am inclined to blame them for almost any kind of problems. 

Message 79 of 230 (10,340 Views)

EA DICE Team

@KiloAlpha157

Hi there,

Your issue doesn't seem to be related to an anti-virus.

I did notice the nvstreamsvc.exe process crashing multiple times in your dxdiag. This process is referring to an Nvidia streaming function that is now part of the Geforce Experience - can you please turn this off?

You can also try running your system in a clean boot which should turn this off for you.

Message 80 of 230 (10,330 Views)