Re: Inquisition won't open on PC

by CXantia

Original Post

★★ Novice

After hours of tinkering, stressing, throwing things out of windows and razing small villages to the ground I can play DA:I again because of your suggestion about AVG! I never even thought to try running it without AVG, it's been a decade since I last had an anti virus programme conflict with a current game! TY dude!

Message 21 of 230 (9,307 Views)

Re: Current Issue May 2016: Inquisition won't open on PC

★★ Novice

http://hastebin.com/betupopivu.tex

Same problem, but after trying the various fixes it doesn't even bring the black screen any more, just gives a loading cursor for half a second then nothing. 
Reinstalled twice, reinstalled origin, added exception to AVG, disabled AVG, etc.

Message 22 of 230 (9,287 Views)

Re: Current Issue May 2016: Inquisition won't open on PC

Hero

@Elija_Black Your GPU drivers are quite old (from last year), you might want to try updating those.

Your C drive is very full, if your user folder is on it, that could possibly cause issues (as that's where the game saves). If you've set up your user folder elsewhere, never mind (though that is a very full hard drive).

When you say you tried adding an exception to AVG, disabling AVG, etc., what was the 'etc.' part? Some users have found the only solution was to uninstall AVG completely, BitDefender and Avast have been suggested as good alternatives. Also, did you disable AVG via the system tray? Early on someone found that disabling it any other way didn't work for them, but right clicking it in the system tray (next to the clock) and selecting 'temporarily disable AVG protection' from there worked. For some reason. This is an odd bug. Tongue out 

Nothing else sticks out to me. And since you have an Nvidia GPU and AVG, it's unlikely that it's a separate problem. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 23 of 230 (9,282 Views)

★★ Novice

disable AVG game works now ty avg hates a lot of games I just forgot.  ty for the reminder.

Message 24 of 230 (9,261 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Leora85 wrote:

@raynkure Another question, are you using AVG at all? Some people with this issue have found that temporarily disabling or uninstalling AVG has solved this issue, so it's something to try if you're using AVG. Standard smile

So sorry, it's finals week, so I couldn't get back to checking this thread until now. But you're absolutely right, I do have AVG, and after adding DAI to the exceptions as suggested the game runs just like it always has. Thank you so much for pinpointing the issue, I didn't even imagine something like this would happen but all it took was a quick couple of clicks to fix the issue with no reinstalling or deleting any files whatsoever. Thank you so much.

Message 25 of 230 (9,250 Views)

★ Novice

AVG for me too. Just added it to the exceptions and it worked like a charm. Thanks for the help, guys Standard smile

Message 26 of 230 (9,222 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

That worked! It was AVG causing problems! When I put Dragon Age Inquisitions under exceptions it immediately began to work! I'm so happy, I was beginning to think I would never get it working!

Thanks so much!

:eahigh_file:

Message 27 of 230 (9,187 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

That worked! It was AVG causing problems! Thanks for your help!!!

Standard smile

Message 28 of 230 (9,185 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello!

I did try run Origins and DA:I as Admin, as well as add the two to exceptions in AVG. Didn't work.

Same when I disabled AVG completely.

I played fins back in January, but now it just loads, gives a few seconds of the black screen, then it's back to desktop.

I checked, it isn't running in the background either. Frown

Message 29 of 230 (9,175 Views)

★ Novice

This was my solution <3 thank you so much

Message 30 of 230 (9,165 Views)