Re: 2 problems I just can't solve

by wenche78

Original Post

Accepted Solution

2 problems I just can't solve

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I have been playing DAI since launch and everything was fine, I had no complaints and no technical issues.

I had to stop playing for a few months then came back to it recently.

Now it seems I have two issues I can't resolve.

Issues:

I can't import from dragonage keep.

Things tried:

Disabling my virusguard.  Didn't fix

Checked my Firewall to ensure Origin was being allowed through.  It is..  Deleted my default tapestry and all my enabled game playthroughs except the one I'm using.  This gave me only one tapestry to export to game.  Checked and double checked I had exported it into DAI.  Watched the video to make sure - all was fine on Keep.  Checked I was online in Origin in all settings.  Says it was verified in game today but still when i load a new game I get only the option for the Default story.  This is not what I want.

Shine and missing scars.

My chars hair is very shiny and unreal.. looks like painted plastic!  It was fine when I played game at launch.

I can't make scars on my chars faces.  There is nothing in the slider.  I have the option to click through the slider but nothing shows on my chars face.  I have changed the intensity and nothing changes.  I have my mesh settings on high.  I had scars when game launched they were fine.  I have read that these two issues were supposedly fixed in a patch.

My game is totally up to date I can't download any more patches.  Yet still I have these two issues.

Game is laggy and freezing.  My warriors just stand and don't fight I have to click to them and make them jump to cure this.  Lethal in a dragon fight!

In desperation I uninstalled both DAI and Origin.  Reinstalled and still I have the problems.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled my Grpahics Drivers. Made no difference.

I have run the repair option for game.  Didn't cure anything.

I have played the game through once but wanted to try it again with a different storyline.  Looks like that option is out for me unless anyone can suggest something I haven't tried already.

Interestingly - the char I made before I took a break is fine.  Her hair isn't over shiny.  She didn't have any scars so I can't comment on them.  It's just new games now that seem messed up with the hair.  Cassandra still has her scars in game  so it isn't affecting game chars  - just chars I make.

Can anyone suggest anything further I can do to cure these two problems? Otherwise with all the problems I now have I am considering leaving it - at least for the time being - it was a super game at launch but now it seems messed up with all the patches.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8 (591 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

Regarding the shiny hair and lack of scars:

It used to be you needed to increase mesh quality to have scars and non-shiny hair. However, a patch separated mesh quality from shader quality. Make sure shader quality is set to high.

Can't help you with the Keep issues.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (581 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Regarding the shiny hair and lack of scars:

It used to be you needed to increase mesh quality to have scars and non-shiny hair. However, a patch separated mesh quality from shader quality. Make sure shader quality is set to high.

Can't help you with the Keep issues.

Message 2 of 8 (582 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Not sure I have any sollutions, but I will write what pops into my head.

The import-issue I have no ideas about,  mine work fine...sorry.. But that would have made me angry, I can see your point!

The shiny hair is something to do with the graphic settings. (You dont have any hairmods, do you? I know one can make it like you describe)

I have the problem that ALL my settings resets randomly, been posting this issue here at this forum, but no responce so far....

At any rate, this means that I basically every day have to go through my keybindings, all other options and the graphic settings, since it all resets. (take about 15 min including the restart of the game to implement the settings that require restart...( I have a lot of keybindings to my liking, not to mention graphic...)

Before I set up the graphics again I always have shiny hair. My toon is blond, so its really horrible on her, but all NPC`s have it too. For me it seems like they have...I cant explain it, but I think it is the same problem as you have. Plastic and white spots.

I have never noticed wich setting it is that do this, so I went through my settings and changed them up and down to be able to help you. And it SEEMS to be the last graphic-setting on the page: Shader Quality. When I got that on Low its shiney as hell. I have it on High when I play, and the skiny plastichair is gone. Hope this works for you too, let me know.

EDIT to myself: I read through your post one more time before I posted mine and saw that I had missed your comment:

-" Interestingly - the char I made before I took a break is fine"

That has me puzzled... At least try the suggestion I posted above and see if it makes any difference...Frown

I have no sollution for the scars unfortunately.... Only thing I can toss out there is to try the "repair game" button on Origin...but you have already done that.

When it comes to laggy game.... Do you have Nvidia graphic card? In that case, it might be the problem. If you have, let me know, I can try to help you.

Nvidiacards dont play well with this game.(speaking of experience, i got nvidia)

What settings you have can have a lot to do with your laggy game.(nvidia or not) Wrong settings for your pc can make a horrible gaming experience.

When it comes to freezing... It seems that came with the last patch (7). That broke a lot. I dont have much freezing personally, only time is when I enter the inn for some weird reason, then it freezes for 2 seconds.

But I have seen that many have this issue, and it seems to have come after patch 7.

What patch 7 also dragged with it is the companions complete absence in fights. Most of the fights I have to kill the enemies myself while my party stands faaaar behind me and glares. Altho, I have keybound the "attack my target" on R-button, and when I smash that they move - usually. But if I dont use whip and treats they just watch me get eaten alive by dragons and venetori alike.

Concerning that it seems that some characters dont move even when you use the (in my case) R button. They completely freeze and do nothing, they are like statues, no movement.

iron Bull is the worst for me, but ive seem others have different companions with this issue.

Even if I take control over him he MIGHT move (not always) but as soon as I change again he stands still. This came after patch 7.

It also happens with my own toon at times, even when I control her.

If you have the jaws of Hakkon DLC I suggest you go to another map before exiting the game. Cloud sync dont work there for everyone, including myself, hence my settings resets every time. As I`ve written in my post who hasnt been answered, in jaws of hakkon-area its a 100% certainty that my settings will reset after restarting the game, and in other areas its 50/50. This hasnt had anything to dow ith patch 7 for me, this has always been here. In my 3 playthroughs i will guess that my settings have reset 50-60 times. That is around 750 minutes wasted on going through settings *deep sigh* What a thought....

Concerning your lag and freeze: Is it like that in all areas? Could you check your fps?

I guess you have played around with settings already, but... give me a poke if you have nvidia.

I guess this wasnt marvelous help... maybe more of a explanation to why everything has gone to hell for you. im sorry for not being able to help much. Maybe you`ll get a answer from someone who has better ideas Standard smile

- Vicky

Message 3 of 8 (563 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Thank you both for the help and the replies it fixed one of my problems anyway Confusedmileyhappy:.

At least now I know i'm not the only one with freezing characters and a companion group that is so far behind me at times they don't see the fight start so don't bother to join in!

Also towards the end of a dragon fight just when you need barrier and rezzing the most - Solas suddenly disappeared off the battlefield.  When I clicked to him he was right outside the fight zone - how he got there I don't know but it lost me the fight - with the dragon on around 5% health.

The shader adjustment fixed both hair and scar problem.  I now have normal looking hair and can once again use scars so thank you both. Confusedmileyhappy:

I just hope somebody can help with the keep problem - it knocks a huge amount out of the fun of the game for me.  Also hope they fix the char freeze and absent companions with yet another patch at some point. 

Vicky, I don't have a NVidia card unfortunately.   I have an AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series Graphics Card.  But thank you for offering to help

Message 4 of 8 (551 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Well.. here's an odd thing.  After all the frustration of today.. it has taken me all day solving these issues - I started a new game just to see what would happen and for the first time I got the option of importing a new custom story from the Keep!

I dunno if adjusting the shader should do that but it's the only thing I did that was different....  Anyway that seems to be working now as well.

So thank you both again for the help really glad I posted here.

Message 5 of 8 (544 Views)

★★★★ Novice

im glad to hear things are better for you Standard smile Happy gaming Standard smile

- Vicky

Message 6 of 8 (536 Views)

Hero

@Foxley828 wrote:

Well.. here's an odd thing.  After all the frustration of today.. it has taken me all day solving these issues - I started a new game just to see what would happen and for the first time I got the option of importing a new custom story from the Keep!

I dunno if adjusting the shader should do that but it's the only thing I did that was different....  Anyway that seems to be working now as well.

So thank you both again for the help really glad I posted here.

Maybe servers were down the first time.

Message 7 of 8 (496 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yes that is an explanation maybe they were.  It's a better one than adjusting the shader anyway Confusedmileyhappy:

Thanks for the reply.

Message 8 of 8 (488 Views)