Re: [xbox one] DA2 freezing and crashing

by arechia

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[xbox one] DA2 freezing and crashing

★ Apprentice

I've started playing DA2 on xbox one very recently and the game keeps freezing during dialogues with NPCs. It's completely random. One time it'll crash with a merchant, the other with someone who I need to talk to get a quest or a reward. I need to go back home, force closing the game from there, take the disc out or re-start console to be able to play it again. Is it a common issue? Is there a way to fix it? Or maybe there will be some kind of a patch in the future?

Message 1 of 15 (15,728 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

The best thing I can recommend is going offline. For some reason the Xbox one cannot handle the game and being signed into the Dragon Age servers. I've been playing for 3 hours and it hasn't frozen yet, whereas I was playing for an hour and then it would freeze. 

View in thread

Message 13 of 15 (15,213 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @arechia

Have you checked out any troubleshooting steps on your Xbox One so far? I have a few that are quite useful for games crashing, so it would be great if you could give them a try Standard smile

Let me know if anything helped Fingers crossed

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 15 (15,693 Views)

★ Apprentice

I did all of it before writing here. Didn't help.

Message 3 of 15 (15,681 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m also struggling with this... Not only does it freeze, but it makes this god awful grating noise. I love the game, don’t love the “backwards compatibility” standard. I’ve lost a lot of hours because my saves aren’t close enough to where it freezes. :/

Message 4 of 15 (15,157 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The same thing happened to me. I bought the game today for Xbox One. Downloaded it and began playing. It froze up on me 3 times within a 2-3 hour period. With that strange buzzing noise. Power cycling doesnt do anything for it. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled and again it keeps freezing up randomly. Is there any new patches coming up? Or is this an Xbox issue where i need to contact them? Maybe they got something wrong in the backwards compatibility process? Would love a prompt response from anyone 

Message 5 of 15 (15,112 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Have you figured out a way to fix this yet? Have had it happen 3 different times and I'm getting frustrated with it.
Message 6 of 15 (14,988 Views)

★ Apprentice

Prepare for it to happen way more times... No solution so far. Hell, with all xbox one updates even DAI started to have more bugs Raised eyebrow 

Message 7 of 15 (14,979 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Has no solution been found? I just bought this yesterday through the store on Xbox one and now it just keeps crashing. Not sure what to do here...

Message 8 of 15 (14,554 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I've started to play 2 days ago and the game freezed 2/3 times also. Why xbox gift bugged games? It's the second time, first was with a Sonic Game.
Message 9 of 15 (13,991 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i am not a fan of the solution of reinstall I am in a situation of limited bandwidth, and the idea that i have to uninstall and reinstall many help is not going over well with me.  since the game was offered by xbox as a game with gold for free, many people will be joining this chorus.

Message 10 of 15 (13,949 Views)