Re: keyboard not working ingame

by mcsupersport

Original Post

keyboard not working ingame

★★★ Newbie

When I get into the game the keyboard will not work but when I was in character creator I could type in the name. IDK what to do

Message 1 of 2 (380 Views)

Re: keyboard not working ingame

So once you start playing you can click with the mouse but the keyboard does nothing??  Most common things I have seen to cause this is program cross interference.  Things such as discord, teamspeak, one was a app on windows for emoji's IIRC, and basically anything else that can be overriiding the games use of the keyboard.  A clean boot of the computer may help determine if this is the case this time. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Other than that, phantom keyboards....ie things your game thinks are keyboards but aren't, such as tablets for art, old keyboards that used to be attached but haven't been fully removed, or some fancy mice that have mini-keyboards on them can fool the game into not using the main keyboard.

a DxDiag may help if you post one.

Also make sure you haven't by accident connected a controller and the game defaulting to use a controller instead of M&K.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 2 (350 Views)