Re: fix for dlc content not showing up properly

by sirhcwarrior

Original Post

fix for dlc content not showing up properly

★★★★ Novice

so, long story short: today i encountered that dreaded issue where dlc content installed via origin doesn't show up properly - missing dialogues, missing item descriptions, all that jazz. i downloaded the installers manually, but they refused to cooperate, giving me the "dragon age 2 is not installed" error. i'm sure many people know exactly what i'm talking about.

and here's how i fixed the issue:

and done! i haven't seen this exact solution anywhere on the internet, and i know people still sometimes struggle with getting the dlc content to fully work, so i thought i might as well share. Standard smile

Message 1 of 9 (8,951 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @sealmasklass

Thanks for taking your time to share this workaround on our forum! Standard smile I'm sure some players might find it very useful.

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 9 (8,927 Views)

★ Novice

I had pretty much the same problem and your workaround solved it. 

Thank you so very much for sharing this!

Message 3 of 9 (8,769 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It didn't work for me.

Message 4 of 9 (8,507 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

i have a different problem, but i think it's likely related. i downloaded all the DLC, and the installers installed everything correctly, but NONE of it is showing up IG. now, i started a game without it, but everything i've read seems to indicate that if you install the DLC mid-game, at LEAST when you start Act 2 you should have access to things. but i have no dog, no invitations or quests, no Chantry conversation leading me to the "Duty" quest for the Exiled Prince... nothing.

the main game screen indicates EVERYTHING IS INSTALLED, so what gives? i even went in through Origin (i usually don't bother to go online to play) and fired up the game to check to see if it needed to be "validated" or some such hooey, but that didn't force it to show up.

i have to say... i had NONE of these issues with Origins. none.

Message 5 of 9 (8,457 Views)

★ Guide

now my DLC appears to be installed correctly AND i found a workaround to get it to no longer be unauthorized and it still won't show up IG. doesn't matter if i'm logged in or not, it's not there. ready to pull my hair out and/or stop playing. i REALLY wanted to try MotA, but f* it.

Message 6 of 9 (8,448 Views)

★★ Novice

did you ever find a fix for this? im in the same boat Frown all the threads about unauthorized dlc are super old and have broken links

Message 7 of 9 (7,053 Views)

★ Guide

i wish i could help you - when i finally went full Origin (as i had to, for DAI) and redownloaded everything onto my new computer, everything just fixed itself, and i don't know why. so i suppose the only thing i could suggest now is to make sure you have Origin updated (even though it sucks, you almost HAVE to use it now) and to try re-downloading everything.

i had issues with Origin a bunch of times in the last few months, but it did seem to authorize all my Dragon Age DLC properly (finally). as well as my Mass Effect DLC, after i bought it last Nov.

Message 8 of 9 (7,026 Views)

★ Novice

Well, this is two years later but I can say that still works. Though I had to open the installers through the 7zip instead of using the Open with option. Still works though!

Message 9 of 9 (5,847 Views)