dragon age 2 dlc overpriced

by Sugarman03

Original Post

Accepted Solution

dragon age 2 dlc overpriced

★★ Novice

I never had any problem with the pricing on the origins platform but this is getting ridiculous.

I wanted to play-through again all dragon age games story and I noticed that I have to pay almost 30 € for the dlc of Dragon age 2 while the game itself is costs 10€?.

I mean come on EA its 2018 and the game is what ? 10-years old?

No way I am going to pay this. I understand if I get no answer on this but you should revise your price policy for old bioware games it really is ridiculous.... 

Message 1 of 7 (1,656 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: dragon age 2 dlc overpriced

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Sugarman03 @Fred_vdp

I understand why the price might seem inaccurate considering how old Dragon Age II is and how much you have to pay for the base game. Additionally, separate DLCs still require BioWare points for purchase, what makes the transactions more complicated, hence we decided to create the bundles that don't require usage of the points. Thanks for posting your feedback about this!

And yes, it's still possible to buy Legacy separately on Origin Standard smile

Screenshot_2.png

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (1,562 Views)

All Replies

Hero

I agree it's excessive. I think it's because it contains all the items DLC instead of just the essential story missions, and all those items add up. I think they should release a pack with just the story DLC at a cheaper price. The premium items just ruin the game's difficulty balance anyway, so you're better off not having them.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 7 (1,615 Views)

★★ Novice
You cant be more true, I don't even use the extra items because as you said it ruins the experience by imbalancing the difficulty. I would give 25 € for example for only the core game and all story dlc but giving 40 € for this now in 2018 ?? Its not that I dont have the money but I feel like they are messing with us. I will probably move on with the core game and just continue straight away with inquisition.
Message 3 of 7 (1,606 Views)

Hero

Is it still possible to get Legacy separately? I can't tell because it's already in my library. That's the most essential one because it ties into Dragon Age Inquisition.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 7 (1,595 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Sugarman03 @Fred_vdp

I understand why the price might seem inaccurate considering how old Dragon Age II is and how much you have to pay for the base game. Additionally, separate DLCs still require BioWare points for purchase, what makes the transactions more complicated, hence we decided to create the bundles that don't require usage of the points. Thanks for posting your feedback about this!

And yes, it's still possible to buy Legacy separately on Origin Standard smile

Screenshot_2.png

/Ataashi

Message 5 of 7 (1,563 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Ataashi @Fred_vdp

Well I couldn't help it. Call me a bioware games addict. It didn't feel right and I still believe that the pricing policy for older games or dlc must change but nonetheless I bought the dlc bundle.Disappointed

Like I said on my earlier posts  I wanted to have the full dragon age trilogy experience. :eahigh_file: 

Message 6 of 7 (1,520 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Sugarman03;

With a supercilious accent,

(and apologies to Deraboam of Val Royeaux):

"To overprice an item, the item must have a known value already. 

It is then priced over what it is worth.

The DLC... The DLC has only the value EA have set. 

It has never had another.

It is not over priced.  It is priced."

Angel

And if one does not think an item is worth the price, one should not purchase it.

Message 7 of 7 (1,354 Views)