Re: dlc mage/rogue/warrior packs say unathorized content

by EA_Kent

Original Post

dlc mage/rogue/warrior packs say unathorized content

★ Novice

I recently had the mage, rogue, and warrior packs show up in game.  I equipped the items, played, exited.  When I went to resume the game later, it says the 6 packs are unauthorized content.  On the same menu screen I clicked on downloadable content, and the web page timed out trying to go to go.bioware.com.  I tried clicking on redeem content, and it timed out as well.  I then opened a brower and typed in go.bioware.com and it timed out.   I looked and saw there was a 7zip work around.  I downloaded the packs, did the archive workaround, and it still says the 6 packs are unauthorized content.  How do I continue playing the game?

Message 1 of 6 (553 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @thruscha

When you've got a chance I'd recommend getting in touch with the EA Help team so they can take a look at your account. You can find more details on how to set up a case with them over at the EA Help website

You can also speak with them over Twitter or Facebook instead, if you prefer. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 6 (480 Views)

★ Novice

thanks for the advice, but I've already logged 2 cases with them, and the first was no help, and the second said to post here.  Neither answered the question I asked.  Is go.bioware.com gone?  I can get to bioware.com, but not to go.bioware.com.

Message 3 of 6 (477 Views)

Community Manager

@thruscha 

Just to confirm, are you running Dragon Age 2 through Origin, or are you running it from a different launcher? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 6 (466 Views)

★ Novice

I got fed up and bought the packs, now the game plays fine.  I'm still not sure how the packs showed up in the first place.  I bought the cd's and was launching it from my desktop.  When I did the repair on the game as one of the ea help desk asked me to do, since then it's running from origin.

Message 5 of 6 (460 Views)

Community Manager

@thruscha 

Ah, I see. It sounds like your account just wasn't recognizing that you owned the DLCs, which was why I had referred you to the EA Help team. Thanks for following up and letting me know it's working now. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 6 (456 Views)