Re: backward compatibility for Dragon Age:Origins and Dragon Age II

by ThandalNLyman

Original Post

★ Novice
Dude we know its p2p, give it a rest already and let us post. You can't possibly know all the people reading these posts. One of these so called " players" could have a friend of a friend or something that may or may not know somebody. So save your negativity for non dragon age fans because we do not want to hear it.
Message 51 of 56 (725 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@jimbov2786;  You may not want to hear that no one (who has any influence over the issue) is reading the posts here, but new people might actually expect a response.

I'm just making sure they know that they won't get one from EA here, and shouldn't expect one.

Am I happy about that situation?  No. 

Am I realistic?  More than some...

[EDIT:  As for being a Dragon Age/BioWare game fan, including gifts I've purchased four copies of DA:O, (including all the DLC individually, and two copies of the UE) two copies of DA2, and the DA:I GotY Edition.  I've purchased each ME game (including ME:A and all DLC) individually, and the Trilogy a second time.  I've been a patch beta tester for DA:O and DA:I.  I have over 20 different characters created for each of those games, and close to that many full playthroughs of each.  And I still replay them regularly (am currently about 75% through another ME1 run and am helping a DA:O modder test her latest update to a "Warden's Keep" mod.)  I even own Dawn of the Seeker (see my avatar) and the entire Dragon Age: Redemption web-series on Blu-Ray. (Have you seen either one?)

I think I qualify as a fanboi.  Nerd ]

Message 52 of 56 (699 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Dragon Age II is now compatible with Xbox One. Happy gaming!

Someone on Reddit is given credit for this because he made a post about it a couple of days ago. LOL!

Gotta love Mike Laidlaw's sense of humor:

"This is a great opportunity for an entirely new generation of gamers to tell me that I single-handedly ruined the franchise and their hopes and dreams for a brighter tomorrow. Ha ha!" https://twitter.com/Mike_Laidlaw/status/992142739629162496

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 53 of 56 (657 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ThandalNLyman wrote:

I even own Dawn of the Seeker (see my avatar) and the entire Dragon Age: Redemption web-series on Blu-Ray.

I was surprised how not terrible Dawn of the Seeker is. It's not great by any means, but watchable. It has some good bits.

Redemption, on the other hand... Yikes! That actually put me off buying the Mark of the Assassin DLC for a while, but the DLC ended up being quite good.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 54 of 56 (643 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Fred_vdp wrote:

Gotta love Mike Laidlaw's sense of humor:

"This is a great opportunity for an entirely new generation of gamers to tell me that I single-handedly ruined the franchise and their hopes and dreams for a brighter tomorrow. Ha ha!" https://twitter.com/Mike_Laidlaw/status/992142739629162496

[Removed unkind comment - CM]

(Notice that NO ONE from EA or BioWare bothered to post that announcement here... Thinking )

Message 55 of 56 (627 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Fred_vdp wrote:

Redemption, on the other hand... Yikes! That actually put me off buying the Mark of the Assassin DLC for a while, but the DLC ended up being quite good.

Well, Felicia Day is an... acquired taste.  And even after repeated exposure some (many? most?) don't think they want any more.  I find her nerdorable if taken in small doses, so I limit myself to a single (or maybe a double) helping of anything she does at a time.

And yes, MotA is waaaaay better than it had any right to be considering the absurd frame they put around it!  :eahigh_file:

Message 56 of 56 (624 Views)