Re: backward compatibility for Dragon Age:Origins and Dragon Age II

by tristanperre

Original Post

Accepted Solution

backward compatibility for Dragon Age:Origins and Dragon Age II

★★★★ Novice

who do I get in touch with here for this issue?

Message 1 of 56 (55,030 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@Slaytanic13666 Hey, what exactly is the issue? If you're looking to have DAO and DAII added to the Xbox One's backwards compatibility list you can vote here: https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/298503-backwards-compatibility

Thanks, if I've guessed incorrectly please let us know. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 56 (84,326 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Slaytanic13666 Hey, what exactly is the issue? If you're looking to have DAO and DAII added to the Xbox One's backwards compatibility list you can vote here: https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/298503-backwards-compatibility

Thanks, if I've guessed incorrectly please let us know. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 56 (84,327 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
We have vote but is that in your intention? How many votes do you need? Thanks
Message 3 of 56 (50,495 Views)

★★★ Newbie
So ive beat dragona age orgians on xbox one. If two comes out do i have to use the dragons keep to make sure all my decisions are what i did or will my saved data on my xbox one be uploaded to dragon age 2
Message 4 of 56 (48,549 Views)

★★ Novice

yu will be able to import your saved game on dragon age origins over

Message 5 of 56 (47,544 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Supposedly Dragon Age 2 was made Backwards Compatible and then yanked less than a week later, last year. I called MS to ask them what the heck was going on and why they yanked it. They claimed that it was an accident because BioWare hadn't given them permission to release it. Now here it is nearly a year later and they still have not re-released it. This is very very very sad and disheartening to fans of BioWare products. I myself while I have been a fan of BioWare since 1998 with Baldur's Gate, and this feels like a slap in the face to their biggest franchise and customers. Hopefully they get it resolved

Message 6 of 56 (45,412 Views)

★★★ Newbie
People are voting, lots of people, how has this still not been released yet? Its ready to go.

You released it once then pulled it again.
Its been over a year since then and still no re-release.
Message 7 of 56 (43,238 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

this is royally angering me to the point of throwing my controller across the room, I do not comprehend why the very last of the dragon age series is available as back compatible while the first two are not!!!  

I had all my save data on an older profile that I had nearly forgotten and now I have an Xbox one and a new account but my email cannot be changed and therefor I have no way to retrieve my data (that paired with the ancient email it was linked to possibly being shut down due to inactivity...) I figure simply starting the game anew would work but now I no longer have the old 360 and when asking my friend to gameshare he replied "they took it down, sorry" and after further questioning I googled it so here I am.

my question is are they ever really going to make it available again? If they made a disk version for the Xbox one i'd pay to get it but i'm pained by this...ugh, I mean this makes me not even want to play my xbox any more and start playing my nintendo again!!

Fen'Harel curse you!

Message 8 of 56 (42,775 Views)

★★ Novice

I have origins and inquisition now but no Dragon Age 2.  I know with the EA access I get to purchase DLC at a discount.  Once dragon age 2 comes out I'm getting EA access and buying dragon age 2 plus all DLC for the three games and doing one sweep through of the story.  Please release it soon. I know its ready to go we're just waiting for Bioware's permission.

Message 9 of 56 (39,071 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It's been nearly a year since that post EA now you are just insulting your fans by not doing it, but it's ok there are plenty of other games out there, not many with the very epic stories that this series holds, but they're out there. I mean I can play the whole Fable series right now without worrying that a game in the series might not be backwards compatible. I would of understood if it was DAO that you didn't want to release but the middle game, the bridge between the first and the third, why do that, to say a big FU to Microsoft for releasing it without your permission. Ok so it's been a year now you can stop trying to put your foot in Gates's mouth for a decision he probably didn't even make. Be the big person an support your fans DA2 is in the top twenty or so on games that people want backwards compatible and games with considerably less votes have me made so. At this point Microsoft probably doesn't even care and you are just torturing your fan base.
Message 10 of 56 (38,691 Views)