Re: Windows 10 creators dragon age 2

by valsi461

Original Post

★★★ Novice

The cause of the blur is FXAA being set to Off by default in the Nvidia Dashboard! Optimised Nvidia settings as correct by Nvidia Driver 430.86 for DA2 or even Global Use are as follows:

Ambient Occlusion: Off
Anisotropic Filtering: App Controlled
Antialiasing - FXAA: On
Antialiasing Mode: App Controlled
Antialiasing Transparency: Off
CUDA - GPUs: All
Max Pre-rendered Frames: Use 3D App Settings
OpenGL Rendering GPU: Auto-select
Optimise for Compute Performance: Off
Power Management Mode: Optimal Power
Shader Cache: On
Texture Filtering - Anisotropic Sample: Off
Texture Filtering - Negative LOD Bias: Allow
Texture Filtering - Quality: Performance
Texture Filtering - Trilinear Optimisation: On
Threaded Optimisation: Off
Triple Buffering: Off
Vertical Sync: On
Virtual Reality Pre-rendered Frames: 1

Message 21 of 25 (2,414 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

That seems to have fixed the issue.  Just when I thought there wasn't any hope. Standard smile Thank you very much.

Message 22 of 25 (2,400 Views)

★★★ Novice
@valsi461 I'm glad it worked out! I was so fed up by this whole debacle that I began looking into Linux Distros... I'm still exploring that route as an alternative gaming OS. Regards Dean

P.S The optimised settings are perfect for laptops ( like my gaming laptop ) or just general low power consumption with no graphic drawback. Standard smile Standard smile Standard smile
Message 23 of 25 (2,366 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Looking into Linux as a gaming OS over Windows??? ROFLOL good luck, it does run many many games now but Windows is still king of gaming.

Message 24 of 25 (1,608 Views)

★★★ Novice

@tokinkosh wrote:

Looking into Linux as a gaming OS over Windows??? ROFLOL good luck, it does run many many games now but Windows is still king of gaming.

I've used Microsoft since I was 5... I've gone from XP SP3 in 2005 to 7 in 2013, 8 and now 10, both in 2015. Through the 15 years the quality and consistency has diminished beyond call, hope or valour. And now? Like a drunk cursing at passers by recounting it's faded beauty, It's nothing more than an empty husk that it once was... Now 20 and fed up with "Big Tec", my data being "stolen" and constantly having to look over my shoulder when it comes to every little notification and/ or pop up or whatever on my PC, whether it be eMail, Anti Virus or otherwise. No,  I would rather take my chances with Linux. My dear @tokinkosh, Windows is dead and it's time the rest of the world caught on as well...

Message 25 of 25 (1,568 Views)