Why no fogwarriors romance/Merrill quest missing

by Fenrispro8

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why no fogwarriors romance/Merrill quest missing

★★ Apprentice
Im still replaying 2 and after the Bitterpill looked forward to kissing fenris but the don't go option was not there. Because before the ambush hes suposed to talk to me in the house- fogwarriors one. Why not?
Ive given the gifts. And also when i finish blackpowder promise of the elf terror, merril does not ask me to do 'mirror image'? Are they bugs? Frown previously i could. Kinda wasted fo refight extras to get romance again !
Message 1 of 11 (1,707 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why no fogwarriors romance/Merrill quest missing

Community Manager (retired)

@Fenrispro8 wrote:

@ EA_Zoe Thank you for your advice. One more thing how to do a rivalmance?

You need to be ready to listen to his bitching a lot :D (I'm kidding. I love Fenris as a character even if I'm usually playing a Mage and, as you know, he's far from being pro-mage) 

Technically you can start the rivalmance the same way you initiate the friendship romance, by choosing the Flirt options whenever possible (Being a rival doesn't mean that he will not be attracted to Hawke. He will however react differently to situations - for example when you give him the Blade of Mercy)

Also, advice for Act III if you pursue the Rivalmance path: 

Spoiler
If you want to ally with Mages but you want Fenris to stay with Hawke, the Rivalry gauge must be at 100%. Even at 99% he will leave. 

View in thread

Message 10 of 11 (1,840 Views)

All Replies

Love your username @Fenrispro8 Standard smile 

First of all, did you try to romance them both during the same game or are you playing 2 different saves? There's a few requisite to start a romance with Fenris and Merril and it's easy to break off the relationship before it even started. 

Do you have their "Questioning beliefs quests" in your journal? You'll get these quests when reaching at least 50% Frienship or Rivalry. For Fenris you can do it after or before A better pill, but the conversation will be different. Maybe that's why he didn't mention the Fog warriors to you.

Message 2 of 11 (1,697 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Hi Joe thankyou Standard smile coz im a pro abt him hah
No I don't rpmance them both. Fenris did not have the questioning beliefs, only speak to him on the start of act 2. I had done night terrors. Since he walked away i went to complete the dupuis one and others, not leave town. How to get him to talk.abt the fog warriors?
On wiki says it is essential for that otherwise he wun have the sex scene.
Message 3 of 11 (1,689 Views)

If you used the Flirt option during your conversation with him in Act I and you have reached at least 50% Friendship or Rivalry with him, Questioning beliefs should definitely triggers. It happens that the game believes you're in a relationship with someone else and this prevent the relationship to evolve into a romance but that would only happen if you used the flirt option with other characters, without breaking off the relationship. Can you take a screenshot of your journal and of Fenris' relationship bar? Maybe you're stuck at 48% Friendship / Rivalry.  

Message 4 of 11 (1,682 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Hi joe im on pc how to take screenshot? Oh i din flirt woth anyone else, i ustood why when i flirted w isa. Oh dear the % also at stake?
Message 5 of 11 (1,668 Views)

It depends on your system, but usually it's the PrtScn key. 

Yes, some quests will not trigger if you haven't reach a certain level of Friendship or Rivalry with the characters. If you have a doubt, I would highly recommend to check the Dragon age wikia Approval guide. It's really well done and it gives you an idea of what dialogues to chose to maximize your relationships with your companions. Hope that helps.

Message 6 of 11 (1,664 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hi Joe,

Merrill's one did show up once I talked to viscount about the qun! Yup I just read the page which doesn't mention anything about the fog warriors part Frown

Yes I had turned the mages over to the circle. Normally even if I reinstate Kieran it doesn't have that high a rivalry or I don't bring him along. And I refused Merrill the mirror thingie. Cool ! Here are the screens of his friendship bar and the journal

Message 7 of 11 (1,656 Views)

Hi @Fenrispro8,

Sorry for the delay. The good news is that Questioning beliefs hasn't showed up in your journal yet because your level of friendship isn't high enough. It means that he should speak to you about his life in Seheron once you obtain that quest. 

The big bar represents (roughly) where the companion stand when they first meet Hawke. Basically they have no real opinion yet. Depending on Hawke's decisions they will either develop a feeling of friendship or rivalry. The smaller bars represent the mark when you reach either 50% of friendship or rivalry. In your screenshot he's about 35% friendship. 

SnipImage.JPG

You probably played more since my last response. Did you obtain that quest yet?

Message 8 of 11 (1,631 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I went back to beginning of Act 2 to restart again.

AHA! The key is need to do Dissent (like this time I need to don't know why haha) To save the girl is +5 maybe Fenris is glad I'm rescuing innocents and 20 points will clinch the Questioning beliefs fog warriors!

YAY! So happy I see it in the questlog now Awesome!

tips for others who face this kind of issue, rem not to be too close to Meril or Isabela*  To get him to have sex with Hawke he has to be talking abt his past before the Bitterpill actual.

Message 9 of 11 (1,619 Views)

@Fenrispro8 wrote:

You need to be ready to listen to his bitching a lot :D (I'm kidding. I love Fenris as a character even if I'm usually playing a Mage and, as you know, he's far from being pro-mage) 

Technically you can start the rivalmance the same way you initiate the friendship romance, by choosing the Flirt options whenever possible (Being a rival doesn't mean that he will not be attracted to Hawke. He will however react differently to situations - for example when you give him the Blade of Mercy)

Also, advice for Act III if you pursue the Rivalmance path: 

Spoiler
If you want to ally with Mages but you want Fenris to stay with Hawke, the Rivalry gauge must be at 100%. Even at 99% he will leave. 

Message 10 of 11 (1,841 Views)