Re: Unauthorized DLC

by Tw1stedNick

Original Post

★ Novice

I know I'm like 6 years late, but, where do you find that file? The "RequiresAuthorization" one? Can't seem to find it.

Message 21 of 33 (4,870 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Right here (attached - right click -> view image)

BTW, I cannot get it to work as well.

- Reinstalled without mods

- DLC installed with .exe from EA site (https://help.ea.com/en-ca/help/origin/origin/download-dlc-for-classic-origin-games/#dragonage)

- unlocked in Dragon Age Keep

- unlocked in Origins

- listed in "Downloadable Content" in main menu

- changed authorisation to 0

Still unauthorised...

My game is patched to 1.04. Item packs, Black Emporium work without problem. Legacy, Exiled Prince & Mark of the Assassin do not work (no statue, no codex entry, no cutscene,...).

*sigh*

Message 22 of 33 (4,658 Views)

@mouldyscrew

Stupid question of the day......Have you signed into your Origin/EA account inside DA2???  Unlike newer DAI and MEA, you have to log into the correct account inside the game for it to authorize the DLC, even if you have it downloaded and installed on your machine.....

(Just for clarification I was referring to my question as the stupid one, because I am just about willing to bet you have done this and triple checked it...but I have done this kind of mistake enough times to have to ask when I see a problem like this.....yeah, I would totally do this...)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 23 of 33 (4,650 Views)

★★ Novice

Ugh, so this is an issue spanning over six years?? I'm having the same issue as everyone else. Unauthorized 1.0. I'm logged into my EA account, but every time I try to log in in-game, it tells me I have to connect to the internet. Obviously I'm connected to the internet, seeing as I'm typing this, so IDK what's up. LOL. I've searching all over for a solution and I'm just about over it. I don't really need Sebastian that badly, do I? 

But I spent money on that damn DLC bundle. FML. I really want this to work. XD

Message 24 of 33 (4,346 Views)

★ Novice

Having the same problem. DLC installed. Latest patch installed. Logged in to EA account. DLC stuff - like the Legacy statue - not showing up in game.

I paid money for this.

Message 25 of 33 (4,039 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how does one simply change this

Message 26 of 33 (3,343 Views)

Re: Dragon age 2 DLC not authorized ???

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hahaha lol. that won't work! i am going crazy wtf is wrong with that game?

Message 27 of 33 (2,376 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok,  it's been a long time since I commented here, but I got mine working. I used the wifi solution to disconnect/reconnect as you're starting up the game. For whatever reason, the servers get confused. I hope this works for you! 

If this doesn't work I might be remembering wrong, so here's the thread I got a few possible solutions from:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-2/Dragon-Age-2-Unauthorized-DLC/td-p/173994 

Message 28 of 33 (2,368 Views)

★ Novice

This is mental. I followed your link to https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-2/Dragon-Age-2-Unauthorized-DLC/td-p/173994%C2%A0 and ended up with an invalid parameters message: YOU EITHER HAVE TO LOG IN OR NEED PERMISSION TO SEE THIS PAGE.

My version of DA2 is the Standard edition via Origin with most of the DLC but not Legacy or MOTA. I've now downloaded both these but get an asterisk next to them on the downloaded content list, and their version number is 'unauthorized 1.0'. I've been all over the boards to see what solutions other people found for this but these are all several years old and don't help.

I see that Legacy & MOTA are available in a DLC bundle, but are packed together with all of the DLC I already have. I don't want to shell out another 20+ quid just for these two - especially if they're not going to work even then :-(

Anyone in a similar position with a fix for this?

Message 29 of 33 (1,440 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm losing my mind here. I've fixed the unauthorized issue, but now when i log in? Nothing. There is nothing at the house, nothing in the journal.

Message 30 of 33 (1,405 Views)