'This game has not been unlocked' error on game launch

by TheIceMan15783

Original Post

Re: 'This game has not been unlocked' error on game launch

★★ Novice

Apparently, it used to work fine without the internet pass strapped to it. I've had problems with Origin a few times but this one tops it off. I don't understand why they stopped letting Steam be able to sell DA2 the downloading and installation was quicker and if there was an error they immediately notified and fixed the problem for me. It's driving me insane.

Message 11 of 43 (1,782 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

I checked with our Game Advisors and they told me that you should best phone in when you see this issue.

Head over to the help.ea.com website for that. You need to log into the help page with your Origin account and then choose "Product", "Issue Type", and "Platform" to see the contact options. Please choose phone as contact option.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 12 of 43 (1,775 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Just so we do it right, do you know exactly what kind of "Type" of problem this particular issue falls under? Installation or Online Pass?

Edit, just so you know live chatting with the mods, at least for the moment will apparently get you the Exiled Prince DLC however it will not help you actually play the game or make any other noticable difference.

Message 13 of 43 (1,769 Views)

★★ Novice

This is the exact same issue i am having. The one thing i can see in the config utility there is no Product Key.

I have mailed in and spoken to Game Advisors who told me they would escalate my case. That was 6 days ago... No word back yet.

Message 14 of 43 (1,732 Views)

★★ Novice

had the same problems fo about  3 days, has anyone able to get a fix by phoning the customer service?

Message 15 of 43 (1,727 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yu same ¬_¬ struggling for couple of hours now wtf

We payed for this game and now we can't play it ?! EA this is too far.

I tried to redeem my product key that didn't come with my recipt cuz I thought this is the way you activate the game and its says that my code has been used. Confusedmileymad:

Message 16 of 43 (1,715 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Decided to purchase DA2 for PC after rethinking I will get DA3 even though I was disappointed with DA2 (I own it on X360), Bioware seemed to be putting more effort into making a game rather then rushing out a cash sponge, so I figured I get DA2 for PC so I can play a superior version, and import saves. Well stuck in the same position as every one here.

I have reinstalled game, with and without Black Emp. installed and same issue (some forums say this is cause).

I have removed all cache, registry issues, and any check listed many other PC mantenacnce issues (other advice I seen in forums and given by help desk).

Reinstalled Origins several times (forum advice).

Reset PC and every fix given to me in all the related forums (several times, various sources suggest this).

Spoke to advisor which "escalated it" what ever that really means.

So running out of ideas how I can play a game, which I pay for, and once again can not play because of an issue I have no control over.

Sick of this. Every time I buy an EA product I get stung.

Message 17 of 43 (1,581 Views)

★★★ Newbie

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT, IT IS FAULTY AND AFTER AN HOUR ON LINE WITH EA TECH THEY CANNOT FIX.

Message 18 of 43 (1,538 Views)

★★ Novice

Would be nice if someone from EA who has a clue would post something to clue us in.

Message 19 of 43 (1,534 Views)

'This game has not been unlocked' error on game launch

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

It looks like a few people have had this issue, but I have just bought Dragon Age 2 on Origin, and when trying to run it, I get the above error message. Also, I received the Black Emporium DLC with the game, supposedly there should be an activation code for this somewhere, but as to where, I do not know... There is a product code <snipped> (EDIT:  NEVER post your password, product code, or rl email address in a public forum.  --TNL) which came with the full game, but I am unable to use it with the dragonage.bioware.com/redeem website - it just says "code not recognised".

Hopefully I will be able to run this game I've just paid money for at some stage - it's just a shame I couldn't download it from Steam, which has provided years of trouble-free downloading, in comparison to Origin...

Thank you for your attention,

Gary Barber

Message 20 of 43 (1,511 Views)