Testimonial: PC game "Dragon Age 2" (2011) - It would be almost ideal if the loc

by liubawa77

Original Post

Testimonial: PC game "Dragon Age 2" (2011) - It would be almost ideal if the loc

★★ Novice

ADVANTAGES:
Interesting plot, nice graphics. Good variety of assignments. You can choose the specialization and path of character development. Old and new satellites. There are references to the first part.
LIMITATIONS:
Uniformity of locations.
Dragon Age: Origins has become one of my favorite RPGs for me, so I was really looking forward to the continuation.

I liked the plot of the second part. Although I waited until the last that in the second part the main character would also be the Gray Guardian, but now I understand that the story of the Gray Guardian from DAO was completed and it’s even good that the creators decided to show the world of Thedas from the other side. This piqued interest and attracted new fans who did not play the first part. In addition, BioWare already has a playable trilogy with a single character (Mass Effect).

The hero becomes a refugee from Lothering (a village from the first part) named Hawk (we can choose the name and gender on our own, however, as well as appearance). Together with his mother, sister and brother (one of whom dies at the very beginning of the game, depending on the chosen specialization of the protagonist) Hawk flees to Free Mark, the city of Kirkwall, where he becomes his Protector and hero. The game takes place during the events of the first part and for several years after them.

Very interesting for fans of the first part is the opportunity to transfer their save and, thus, influence the events of the second part. However, since the game is still about a completely different corner of the world, the events from the DAO are not so influential. The only difference, perhaps, will be whether Alistair or Anora will come to Kirkwall on a royal mission (at least from what I noticed).

The companions of the protagonist, as before, are diverse in their specialization, and also give rise to a very contradictory attitude towards them. By the way, DAO fans will be pleased to see familiar faces in this game. Mage Anders (from the Awakening add-on), the Dolian Merril, Zevran and Leliana (though they won't be able to play here), the gnome traders Bodan and Sandal (where can we go without them), even the "old woman" Flemeth got in (though in this part she looks where more representative).

The main character this time found the gift of speech, although in the Russian localization he continued to chat in English - only the subtitles were translated. As for the conversations (many of my acquaintances considered the first part too boring due to the large number of dialogues, although in my opinion they are necessary there for understanding the history of Thedas world), here there are, if not less, then at least there were several to choose from the proposed answer options easier (you don't have to read it). Now, opposite each answer of the protagonist there is an icon, what "karma" the phrase will bring. True, sometimes the results are very unpredictable.

The very idea of ​​the game was very successful - after all, we knew quite a bit about life outside Ferelden, and in this part of the game the veil of obscurity is at least slightly opened. Kirkwall does not look like Denerim at all, so during the game there is no feeling "I've seen it somewhere before."

The controls are very similar to the first part, but the interface has become simpler and "drier", made in dark colors, it now does not at all resemble the "carved" and "book" version of the DAO.

Problems in the game begin when the hero with the squad leaves the city. Even Origins was accused by many of the excessive linearity and scarcity of locations: a step to the left, a step to the right - everywhere a dead end. Here their uniformity and scantiness reached their climax. All dungeons, mountain trails and deserted paths are repeated at least twice. The differences between them are only in which side the entrance is and which is the exit. It is very sad, in my opinion, not to pay attention to such things. In general, if you think about it, the game was released only 2 years after the first part. It would be better if they held it back a little more and released a full-fledged product.

Of course, quite interesting quests and unexpected plot twists smooth out the unpleasant feeling of underdevelopment, but personally I can't give this game more than 4 points. She does not cling as much as her predecessor.

Next year, the developers of the series promise us the release of the third part, which will be called Dragon Age: Inquisition. Let's hope this game turns out to be much more successful and varied.

Message 1 of 3 (505 Views)

Re: Testimonial: PC game "Dragon Age 2" (2011) - It would be almost id

Hero

@liubawa77 wrote:

Next year, the developers of the series promise us the release of the third part, which will be called Dragon Age: Inquisition. Let's hope this game turns out to be much more successful and varied.

My time machine works!

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (468 Views)

Re: Testimonial: PC game "Dragon Age 2" (2011) - It would be almost id

EA DICE Team

Closing down the post, for being a copy paste post that is a review of Dragon Age 2. 

/Atic 

Message 3 of 3 (461 Views)