Staff of Parthalan will not unlock for PS3 on Dragon Age Keep

by Liahari

Original Post

Staff of Parthalan will not unlock for PS3 on Dragon Age Keep

★ Novice

Hi, so I've played DA2 a few times but only recently have gotten the DLCs. I desperately want to play the game using the Staff of Parthalan, but upon following the instructions sent to me by many threads and websites to unlock it, I've had no luck at all. The Dragon Age Keep refuses to unlock any item for the PS3, but it will for PC. I don't want to have to get the game on PC as my PC is unreliable and doesn't stay on long enough to play a game like DA2.

Every time I try to unlock something for the PS in the Keep, it instantly gives me the error message of "Oops, an error occurred. Please refresh the page and retry." And I have retried, many many times, even on different devices. Is there any way to get the Staff and or the other content for Dragon Age 2 on PS3?

I really hope I'm not going to get the same response as other posts like this got, because that link doesn't work and the Keep doesn't unlock anything for PlayStation.

Message 1 of 4 (1,404 Views)

Re: Staff of Parthalan will not unlock for PS3 on Dragon Age Keep

★★★★ Novice
@Liahari Okay, when you finish you play thru you have to go back to Hawke’s Estate inorder to initiate the DLC. After you start the DLC you will notice that new gear is available to you from you gear chests. If it is not...which sometimes happens...

Go to see what you can down load. There will be a list of things listed that you can download from the original DLCs including gear or gear packs that have been downloaded in the past but can be downloaded again.

Download everything that is not a trailer.

Sometimes you even have to redownload the Blackemporium. I doubt it’s there, but I check everywhere. Usually it will redownload with everything else.

Once it’s redownload you will have gave to go to the game in you game system and redownload everything under dragon age II (AND NO they cannot makeit more difficult) It will be under games and settings). You will pull up the game and the additional downloads will be there. They will take a moment to relaunch.

After that...the staff and other goodies like a new set of armor should be in your game for you to pick up. You can even buy or build a staff from the black emporium usually with great stats from you run as Hawke.

Your pretty rich by game’s end.

Just a thought.

If you bought the limited edition which you can buy from ebay but not game stop...it starts you with tricked out everything and you end with tricked out stuff for the DLCs.

Why do you have to redownload? I’m not sure why. On Xbox One it happened when they have away the game for free on the 360 and you got the basic version. People who owned it had to reload their DLCs including their playthrus unless they had a partial save. Not owning a PS3 I know something similar happened, but I think you had to reload everything from what I saw on the forums.

Good luck.
Message 2 of 4 (1,349 Views)

★★★ Novice
Spoiler
Spoiler
I'm sorry to say that I m on my PS3 and login to dragon age keep. But the staff of parthalan isn't unlocking all it does is says please refresh and error. Then says processing and nothing more. What I don't get is that it unlocked for PC and Xbox. But it's not unlocking for ps3. In fact none of the rewards are unlocking for ps3 at all. 
Message 3 of 4 (939 Views)

★★ Novice

So no chance of unlocking it. Ever 

Message 4 of 4 (909 Views)