Savegames lost by EA

by Quarkpower

Original Post

Savegames lost by EA

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yesterday I was just going to fight to recover kirkwall from the qunary, and today even my character is missing.

Btw, always used this account, always online and with synchronization

Message 1 of 10 (800 Views)

Re: Savegames lost by EA

★★ Novice

support chat never works, anyone could help me?

Message 2 of 10 (760 Views)

You should be able to check your characters folder in your MyDocuments/Bioware/DA2 to see if your character is there.  If it is there, then loading a save and changing characters should bring them back, if gone, well sorry.

Personally, I don't like Cloud saves as it has caused me more issues than it has helped with, which is why it is disabled on my system.  If I want to backup saves, then I do it manually.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 10 (740 Views)

★★ Novice

They're there, but the game doesn't load them. I get that you want to give your opinion, but doesn't help.

Anyway, thanks.

Message 4 of 10 (735 Views)

Ok, now you are saying something different...devil is in the details, if you want help fixing your game, then be accurate and detailed on what is going on.  You are the only one sitting in front of your computer looking at the screen, and thus we can only go by what info you post.  You posted your characters are gone, not that the saves will not load......

The characters are there, but they don't load.....

What happens when you click load game??  By that I mean, what shows exactly on the screen??  Does it show a character and saves, but a different one than the one you want to load, does it not allow a load game to be pressed, or something else??

Are the saves trying to load and don't??  Or is the game acting like there isn't a character to load or resume?? 

One fix I have found to work sometimes for this, is to start a new character, or load into a different character if you have one, and then choose load game, switch character and then load the save of the one you want.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 5 of 10 (723 Views)

★★ Novice

quite the opposite, it deletes all the saves if I do create a new char, luckly I did a backup before creating one. What I find out is that the "character".xml is missing in the character main folder

Message 6 of 10 (712 Views)

So in your characters folder, when you open a character say for instance, John Doe, it has a saves folder, portrait and full picture of your character, but no John Doe.xml file??

Have you tried repairing the install of your game, and have you also made sure your anti-virus is set to ignore the game totally, a Global Exclusion and not just a scanning exclusion?

C:\Users\User Name\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age 2\Characters\John Doe

Message 7 of 10 (705 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

yes, and I did try to repair several times, and my antivirus didn't take any action against the "John Doe.xml" file, it was ea syncro

Message 8 of 10 (702 Views)

You said it deletes all saves if you create a new save??  Do you mean that the character is removed if you create another, and you can't change between characters??   Or do you just not see the saves from that character on the load screen anymore??  Reason I ask, is you click load, and then if you want to choose a different save character, you click change character and then choose that character and finally it opens those saves.

If EA syncro failed and somehow only downloaded a partial file, then likely the character will be lost.  IF you get lucky, you can get it to redo the syncro and maybe this time do the full download, but likely it is gone.  Other options are to see if you can create the xml file yourself by using a similar file or info to tweek it to work.  There actually isn't all that much info in the xml file, and you may be able to recreate it if you have the proper info and knowledge on how it should be set up and proper program to create the xml file.  From my understanding, there will be no way for EA to produce the info if it has evaporated into the internet....basically they say, sorry, can't do anything...sorry sorry....

Maybe someone else has a better idea....if they do and are reading this, feel free to post it up.

Message 9 of 10 (694 Views)

★★ Novice

don't worry, thanks for your answers and support. A pitty that ea support sucks that badly

Message 10 of 10 (682 Views)