No sound in DA2 PS3

by Eldalath

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No sound in DA2 PS3

★★★ Newbie

I have recently picked up DA2 in preparation for DAI, however there is no sound when I start the game up. Sound effect, Dialouge, music no sound.

This is on the PS3 and I have played the game before with no issues on the same console and tv screen.

Message 1 of 4 (1,594 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: No sound in DA2 PS3

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Ok so apparently I made it work.

What I did was to go into the PS3 settings - Sound settings - audio output settings.

I then just chose the connection I was using (HDMI) and then set it to automatic, and that fixed it.

A bit weird since no other game had sound problems, but I'll take what I can get.

Hope this will solve your problem as well kufy76

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (1,678 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Exactly the same as it has been defined in the first entry. 

I recently bought inquisitions for my ps4 and it  has happened in this game as well.  Although it did go away after i reloaded it a couple of times unlike my copy of da2.

Message 2 of 4 (1,572 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Ok so apparently I made it work.

What I did was to go into the PS3 settings - Sound settings - audio output settings.

I then just chose the connection I was using (HDMI) and then set it to automatic, and that fixed it.

A bit weird since no other game had sound problems, but I'll take what I can get.

Hope this will solve your problem as well kufy76

Message 3 of 4 (1,679 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same issue here! Your fix to change ps3 volume setting to HDMI, did the trick, and volume now works ! Thanks
Message 4 of 4 (1,312 Views)